wheeling Moab 20 thru 26May09

rondo

rondo
This is our annual moab run for a small group of us from Utah. With the economy, most are opting out. This is open (and always has been) open to anyone who would like to join us.
Some of our favs: hells revenge, poison spider, golden spike, kane creek, pritchett canyon, area BFE.
at some point fam and kids show up, so its low stress.
i'll be at moab valley rv resort; moabvalleyrv.com. they don't have cabins left but have tent sites.
I'd love if some of the locals would like to join us and show us around.
ron

ichi-san

Earthbound Misfit
Ron,

I'm not local but will be in town over those dates. I was to be with a group but now it looks like it will be just me (& wife). Will I be too little to tag along on 33's?

Richard

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I'm going to try to get things together to go... but if the GF comes along we will probably be staying at a motel if we can find one...

chaotick5

the big deal
Me and another truck will be down in Moab May 22-25. Have you decided on what trails you will be runnin?

Attachments

• IMG_5093.JPG
    IMG_5093.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 6

rondo

rondo
Update: i'll now be getting to Moab on the 21st due to a family issue. I'd like to run the trails listed above but i'm open to suggestions. If anyone knows their way around better than i do (which is likely) and they know of a great trail, then that would be great. I'd also kinda like to run with the RME folks Sat if they'll have me. It'll be one of those things where we see who we link up with, assess the vehicle capabilities and amount of torture the owners are up for, and then go from there :)
I'm committed to running pritchett and behind the rocks backwards, but after that i don't mind running easier stuff.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
We are holding the annual RME bbq that weekend. :D You should plan on coming to that on Saturday evening. Let's also meet up for a trail, you guys are good to wheel with.

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Update: i'll now be getting to Moab on the 21st due to a family issue. I'd like to run the trails listed above but i'm open to suggestions. If anyone knows their way around better than i do (which is likely) and they know of a great trail, then that would be great. I'd also kinda like to run with the RME folks Sat if they'll have me. It'll be one of those things where we see who we link up with, assess the vehicle capabilities and amount of torture the owners are up for, and then go from there :)
I'm committed to running pritchett and behind the rocks backwards, but after that i don't mind running easier stuff.

Pritchett and Behind the Rocks is an awesome combo.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
John,
that would be awesome to wheel with ya again. it's been since Colorado?
hope to see ya there.

we will be down there from Friday to monday... maybe even thursday for me...

Last time we wheeled was in Fort Bliss at the sand dunes.... I almost ran over a few bikers in the expedition and Byron got the suburban stuck up on the drift...
Fun times!!!

We just spent the last 4 days in Moab and we'll be in Moab again from the 21st to the 25th. We love the trails there and we'd like to do Pritchett and Behind the Rocks. We also like Hells Revenge and BFE. We'll try to meet up with you guys, it sounds like fun!

CJ Matt

I was planning some leave around this time but had no real plans. I will just come back from home (washington) early and join in the fun. I plan on seeing if Pack Creek Campground has openings because it is free to active duty military to stay there. I'll give you a call Rondo.

thenag

We will be down there that weekend.

Has anybody actually picked what days they are running what. I kind of want to take it easy, I haven't really wheeled the rig since last Mermorial day...

Nathan
87 Bronco 460, np435, np203/205, D60, GM14bolt, 37 inch MTR's