Where do you want to ride this year?

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
It's starting to warm up here, 40 degrees feels like 60 and I'm getting that Spring Fever! My mind is stuck on riding the motorcycles and I've been thinking about where I want to go! I have a few places I want to ride, dual sport (KTM 690 Enduro) & dirt bike (WR450)... my list is pretty much open to others, perhaps I'll get some ride ideas from some of you guys! Here are some of the places I'd like to ride.

Dead Cow Wash & the Tubes out by Green River

Poison Springs Canyon, Flint Trail, Doll House, etc... plus the Henry Mountains (I could spend a month in Hanksville, making rides from town)

Black Bear Pass, Imogene Pass in the San Juans

Hole in the Rock

Lots of other places!

What's on your list of places to ride this year?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I think that most my riding this year will be anywhere my boy can go on his 65. Outside of that, most of it will be done either on a motocross track or at a desert race. However, I am up for another Moab ride like we did a couple years ago.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I would like to find some Endurocross style trails or tracks. I would really like to get into some more technical riding.
Put me in for a Moab ride! We are going down for EJS on the bikes.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I started riding last year. If there are any less-than-technical rides I am all excited to get away from town.

rholbrook

A good ride is out Kane Creek to Hole in the Rock for a treat and then back in to Behind the Rocks and down through Pritchett Canyon for day 1. Day 2 we can do Dead Cow Tube and the Green River Loop

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I would like to find some Endurocross style trails or tracks. I would really like to get into some more technical riding.
Put me in for a Moab ride! We are going down for EJS on the bikes.

I don't know of any Endurocross tracks out there for practice.

FWIW, they've started planning the Herriman Endurocross for this summer. Although I'm not particularly good at 'em, I thought it was a good one and recommend it to anyone interested in giving one a try.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I don't know of any Endurocross tracks out there for practice.

FWIW, they've started planning the Herriman Endurocross for this summer. Although I'm not particularly good at 'em, I thought it was a good one and recommend it to anyone interested in giving one a try.

I would really like to get my feet wet somewhere else first.. just to see if I have it in me. I would hate to have my first ever test being in front of a large crowd! I was hoping to be able to ride in it this year, so I really ought to find a practice place.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Anywhere... :D

:thumbs: We need to do another AF Canyon Night Ride!! That was so much fun, I can't believe how different it was up there in the dark. Mid-Summer, when the temps are getting hot, let's plan something out.

As long as its somewhat dry down there, lets go before. We can always do a followup trip later on...

Sounds good to me! Paul already threw out some dates that WON'T work for him, but it looks like the 1st weekend in March would. That's March 2nd & 3rd.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I would really like to get my feet wet somewhere else first.. just to see if I have it in me. I would hate to have my first ever test being in front of a large crowd! I was hoping to be able to ride in it this year, so I really ought to find a practice place.
The closest thing to simulate the difficulty, balance and technical aspect of an endurocross is teh 5 miles of hell.

ZUKEYPR

Doing trails:
Sedona area to include Broken Arrow & Smiley Rock
Ouray/Telluride area to include obviously Black Bear Pass, Imogene Pass and Yankee Boy Basin
Kingman Area to include Moss Wash and Sleeping Princess
Trails in and around Bodie
Moab...if I don't move out of state

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Doing trails:
Sedona area to include Broken Arrow & Smiley Rock
Ouray/Telluride area to include obviously Black Bear Pass, Imogene Pass and Yankee Boy Basin
Kingman Area to include Moss Wash and Sleeping Princess
Trails in and around Bodie
Moab...if I don't move out of state

What are you riding these days Jeff?

Vonski

nothing to see here...

I know what you're saying about the large crowd aspect first hand... I did decent in the practice and even qualified for the main event, at which time I did some really crappy riding in front of my friends and family. I was surprised just how stressed out I was in front of that crowd and my riding really suffered. It was a good experience though. Definitely humbling...

Here's what I would do if I were you... pay your $40 bucks or whatever to run your practice laps. Sure, there are others on the course, but you're just getting to know the layout and the obstacles. After that, decide if you want to run your qualifying race and so on... If anything, you payed $40 to practice on an awesome course and get your feet wet then bail if you're not sure about it.