Where do you want to ride this year?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Sounds like a good idea, my buddies that I raced Mesquite with didnt get thier registration for Rhino in on time so I could use some company. Im still learning this desert stuff. rode the desert for years, but new to racing in it.
How did you do? I watched for your vehicle but between the mini pits being up by the starting line and guarding a spot in the start, I did not spend much time at the pits before the race. Rick Gardner's (ricksrx) brother DJ got first in his class.

rholbrook

Wife's friend's husband crashed in that race this weekend and broke 4 ribs and two broken wings off the spine bruised lung plus a hairline fracture in his shoulder.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
How did you do? I watched for your vehicle but between the mini pits being up by the starting line and guarding a spot in the start, I did not spend much time at the pits before the race. Rick Gardner's (ricksrx) brother DJ got first in his class.

Im not sure, my friend told me that I was seventh after the first loop, and I didnt see anyone in my class pass me in the last 30 miles but I know I wasnt in the top seven cause I didnt place at the awards ceremony. as far as riding, I had a solid race passed a lot of bikes and didnt go down once, but I had a horribly slow start and couldnt pass as many as I needed to. that was such a blast... I loved the coarse. Id like to go ride it agian, Ive rode warner valley a lot but never been back there.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Im not sure, my friend told me that I was seventh after the first loop, and I didnt see anyone in my class pass me in the last 30 miles but I know I wasnt in the top seven cause I didnt place at the awards ceremony. as far as riding, I had a solid race passed a lot of bikes and didnt go down once, but I had a horribly slow start and couldnt pass as many as I needed to. that was such a blast... I loved the coarse. Id like to go ride it agian, Ive rode warner valley a lot but never been back there.
This was probably my buddy " Wohlforth" he crashed at the finish line, took first place in Novice o/35 then they took him to E.R. 4 broken ribs, broken collar bone, collapsed lung, I talked to him this morning and he was still in the hospital with a tube in his chest keeping his lung inflated....he was concerned that he wouldnt be ready to race Cherry Creek...

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
This was probably my buddy " Wohlforth" he crashed at the finish line, took first place in Novice o/35 then they took him to E.R. 4 broken ribs, broken collar bone, collapsed lung, I talked to him this morning and he was still in the hospital with a tube in his chest keeping his lung inflated....he was concerned that he wouldnt be ready to race Cherry Creek...

Wow, 2 pretty good injuries then. Carlos Sanches (Camchez on MU) put on Face book that he has 4 broken ribs, scapula, 2 broken vertebrae, and a bruised lung. Did you stay for the whole awards and raffle?

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Wow, 2 pretty good injuries then. Carlos Sanches (Camchez on MU) put on Face book that he has 4 broken ribs, scapula, 2 broken vertebrae, and a bruised lung. Did you stay for the whole awards and raffle?

yea all but the last few classes of Novice awards. I seen that you got 2nd in the ex o/40 congrats thats awesome. dang I dont know Camchez, hate to hear of anyone getting that hurt... Wolforth is on MU user name "takin r time".

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
yea all but the last few classes of Novice awards

So you were probably there when my wife won the helmet in the raffle?:guilty:

Thanks. I had a good time out there. Got a mid pack start and just ran my own pace and passed people where it was not to risky. I am hoping I ended up somewhere in the top 25 overall.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
So you were probably there when my wife won the helmet in the raffle?:guilty:

Thanks. I had a good time out there. Got a mid pack start and just ran my own pace and passed people where it was not to risky. I am hoping I ended up somewhere in the top 25 overall.

yep that was a sweet skull candy helmet. sounds like yall did well at the event.

sixstringsteve

Steve, come get my WR and go with them. I'm not going to be able to make it

Thanks for the offer. Let me think about it and do a little more research. I'm afraid I'd dump it too many times on the slickrock. If the trails don't have too many steeps or tipover spots, I may just take you up on that.

Is there room for me to tag along on Saturday?

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
yep that was a sweet skull candy helmet. sounds like yall did well at the event.
She won a different helmet so it must have been after you left. She made a little bit of a deal of it to embarrass me......which is not hard to do. I won a nice pair of the Klim Mojave over the boot pants in the raffle also.

tnels

hey guys i moved to utah about two years ago and have a 07 kxf 450 but have never rode in utah because i dont know anyone that rides any chance i could tag along on some of your trail rides with a few of you i realy enjoy single track but down for what ever thanks, sean

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
She won a different helmet so it must have been after you left. She made a little bit of a deal of it to embarrass me......which is not hard to do. I won a nice pair of the Klim Mojave over the boot pants in the raffle also.

Yea must have been after we left, I only seen one helmet, and I didnt see anything to be embarrassed about. My wife left our raffle tickets in our hotel room. I couldnt help but wonder if we had one any of that neat stuff with some of the unclaimed numbers.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
hey guys i moved to utah about two years ago and have a 07 kxf 450 but have never rode in utah because i dont know anyone that rides any chance i could tag along on some of your trail rides with a few of you i realy enjoy single track but down for what ever thanks, sean

I usually ride every other weekend your welcome to tag along with our crew..that said I seldom ride north of central utah. so you would have to come south. I mostly ride single track and white hills in Ephraim, Mayfield, Salina, Glenwood, Axtell, Cherry Creek, Cainville, and in the winter Hurricane/St.George/washington warner valley or anywhere else that doesnt have snow.

Tonkaman

Absolutely that's what the forum is all about! There are amazing places to ride here and Utah is so diverse your in for a real treat