Where do you want to ride this year?

Vonski

nothing to see here...
:thumbs: We need to do another AF Canyon Night Ride!! That was so much fun, I can't believe how different it was up there in the dark. Mid-Summer, when the temps are getting hot, let's plan something out.

Sounds good to me! Paul already threw out some dates that WON'T work for him, but it looks like the 1st weekend in March would. That's March 2nd & 3rd.

I missed the last AF Canyon night ride, so I'm in on the next one.

As far as Moab goes, March 2nd and 3rd should work for me.

Tonkaman

I'm stoked to hit the trails with some experienced riders! I'd take any opportunity to ride something new and I definitely want to explore more Moab. If I can outfit my bike properly this year is like to try some overnight trips also

D

Deleted member 12904

The af night ride sounds fun. I also plan on doing a few stansburry front night rides if anyone else is down.

Another ride i plan on doing is my house in gville - stansburry front* hickman canyon- stockton- ophir- mercer-5 mile- eureka- cherry creek - little sahara- camp and fuel up and head back the next day.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Vonski

nothing to see here...
The af night ride sounds fun. I also plan on doing a few stansburry front night rides if anyone else is down.

Another ride i plan on doing is my house in gville - stansburry front* hickman canyon- stockton- ophir- mercer-5 mile- eureka- cherry creek - little sahara- camp and fuel up and head back the next day.

I was invited on a ride like this a couple years ago, but couldn't make it. :( Have you ridden this route before?

D

Deleted member 12904

I was invited on a ride like this a couple years ago, but couldn't make it. :( Have you ridden this route before?

I ha e done it all just not all together. I have it all on gps and know these areas well enough to do it without

Tonkaman

Make sure to keep us updated on that ride, I'd love to join

D

Deleted member 12904

Make sure to keep us updated on that ride, I'd love to join

Will do. My plan was to do it easter weekend since i will know people all ready going down and could take fuel and gear. My sister is now getting married that weekend so its up in the air. Maybe memorial?

D

Deleted member 12904

With the route you're planning, do you have an idea of total miles?

From my house to the first gas stop in Stockton would be about 30 - 35 miles. This would be the most technical section of the ride but really almost anyone can do it you just need to take it at your own pace. From Stockton to Eureka is going to be a stretch on fuel that's where you may need to pack a little extra depending on bike setup. We can take fairly direct routes doing about 60 -65 miles or we can take some of the more fun 4 by 4 trails and go through Black Rock Canyon and I'm guessing 70 to 75 miles. From Eureka we can fuel up again and options are endless to get into Little Sahara but I would plan on another 30 - 40 miles.

Just a heads up for those that are interested in tagging along I'm overweight and don't want to hurt anything to the point where I can't go to work on Monday so I don't push it when I ride anyone that has been riding for a year so would be capable of keeping up with us. I can push the single track sections fairly fast because I've been doing them alot what would have no problem slowing down to anyones pace. After bad crash last year the fast gravel roads are where I have to least confidence so I'm not going to be drifting any corners at 60 + miles an hour.

So basically this is a ride anyone's welcome in invited to do. If you're interested shoot me an email let's get the list going and set a date.

So far the only confirmed person is is my friend and neighbor Andrew.

Jacob@deviantillusion.com

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Lots of AF canyon. I'd like to hit the waters up Spanish for canyon this year too.
Doing our annual caineville trip in march and maybe 10
Mile wash the week after Easter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Im wanting to hit up the hanging tree trail agian this spring now that I have a rekluse (see the difference) want to wait until the water level drops and some 4x4's have had a chance to burn off the winter moss, Ill post ahead of time if anyone is interested.. It is fun on a bike, ive done it three times now.

also want to hit af canyon, diamond fork, this summer, more warner valley, st.g, chimney rock stuff this winter. planning a few more desert races this season.

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
, chimney rock stuff this winter. planning a few more desert races this season.

I am afraid Chimney Rock is going to be a spring ride at the earliest. We have a fun race planned for the Sage Riders National on May 4th....especially loop2. I have picked a lot of course that has not seen much use.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I am afraid Chimney Rock is going to be a spring ride at the earliest. We have a fun race planned for the Sage Riders National on May 4th....especially loop2. I have picked a lot of course that has not seen much use.

I rode Chimney rock last year about this time and it was great no snow or mud just tacky dirt and rock, (cold) if you stop. a friend of mine checks commuter link cameras in the winter and we go where there is no snow. this year might be different. as far as Sage riders, Id like to do all the Sage riders USRA races, that is If I dont get hurt before then, registered to race Rhino Rally this month. oops, Ill be at Vegas Supercross May 4th.

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Planning on some long dual sport rides along with hitting all my local favorites. I'd love if we all put something together for AF.

This year (if my back will ever heal :-\) I've been wanting to get back into the technical riding. I would love to do 5MOH again along with a few of the nasty local trails I haven't ran in awhile. That said I don't really have a bike cut out for it anymore. Wouldn't mind picking up a beater 2T for dedicated trail junk. Should have kept my ATK260 DOH! :rolleyes:

Ugh... just need to ride don't care what I'm on or where it's at lol.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Sounds like a good idea, my buddies that I raced Mesquite with didnt get thier registration for Rhino in on time so I could use some company. Im still learning this desert stuff. rode the desert for years, but new to racing in it.

There is a group us going to St. George this weekend to get a little riding in. Your welcome to join us.