Where do you want to ride this year?

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Wife's friend's husband crashed in that race this weekend and broke 4 ribs and two broken wings off the spine bruised lung plus a hairline fracture in his shoulder.

Yup, thats Carlo. We teamed up for a couple BITD races together back in '08. That sucks for sure...

tnels

great guys ill be looking forward to meeting and riding with you guys the bike in idaho right now and trying to get the buggy back together but this summer ill bring the bike back to utah to go ride!

D

Deleted member 12904

Who has done the 5 miles of hell? Im thinking of bagging my May bike camp trip and heading down and trying this trail. I know its way over my skill level but want to know how dangerous it is.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Who has done the 5 miles of hell? Im thinking of bagging my May bike camp trip and heading down and trying this trail. I know its way over my skill level but want to know how dangerous it is.

I ran 5MOH on a bone stock RM250 a few years ago. Here's my long story: That RM replaced my well equipped ATK 260 two stroke a week prior to the trip and I had no time to set it up the way I wanted. My biggest regret was not rush ordering an aftermarket flywheel weight (RM flywheels weight as much as a pop can) because unlike my ATK the RM would NOT lug to save its life even with 12-51 gearing. After getting my butt handed to me the entire time the RM fried a stator at the end of the trail which required me to have my friend pull me back to camp ~10 miles away :ugh: I've never worked harder for anything in my entire life!

That said the trail was insane and very fun! There are escape routes as well if its too overwhelming but that takes the fun out of it. I really enjoy technical riding and this trail had a challenge around every corner--one after another non stop until the end. There are a series of trails (named color trails) in the area that are a riot as well.

I would love to ride the color trails and 5MOH again soon

Here's my report: http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.ph...t-(lots-of-pics)&highlight=Five+miles+of+hell

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time

I just mentioned this on the trip report thread.. I was thinking Sept/Oct, leaving some time for conditioning..

D

Deleted member 12904

I just mentioned this on the trip report thread.. I was thinking Sept/Oct, leaving some time for conditioning..
I'm 100% down. Let's set a date and do it. We have been watching YouTube videos of that trail on our lunch at work for the past week and I want to do it this year.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose

i wouldn't call it a dangerous trail. It is definitely a trail that I would recommend riding with at least 2 other riders. Very technical and presents many opportunities for causing bike issues and failures. I would recommend riding the entire Red trail first. If that is to difficult then it is best to skip the 5MOH.