Where is this? The game...

sixstringsteve

Is it on Beef Basin Rd, near Cathedral Butte, overlooking the area west of Cedar Mesa?

IMG_3906.JPG

DAA

Is it on Beef Basin Rd, near Cathedral Butte, overlooking the area west of Cedar Mesa?

IMG_3906.JPG

No. You have a picture looking down into Salt Creek there. Which is actually quite a bit north of Cedar Mesa and maybe even slightly to the east, but definitely not west of. I'll be backpacking right through your picture later this spring :).

- DAA

sixstringsteve

Oops, I got my pictures messed up. You're right, that is definitely the Salt Creek area I posted. Have you backpacked there before? It's definitely on my list to do soon.

Was your pic on Beef Basin road, looking west of Cedar Mesa (even though my pic wasn't)?

Last edited:

DAA

Oops, I got my pictures messed up. You're right, that is definitely the Salt Creek area I posted. Have you backpacked there before? It's definitely on my list to do soon.

I have not BP'd Salt Creek yet. Can't wait!

Was your pic on Beef Basin road, looking west of Cedar Mesa (even though my pic wasn't)?

Sorry, I meant to post specifics of my picture earlier and just spaced it out... My pic was taken from North Long Point, you can see upper Ruin Canyon below, the Sweet Alice Hills coming in from the left and Beef Basin itself in the far distance, with the Maze way in the distance.

But as far as looking west of Ceder Mesa from the Beef Basin Road, I guess it depends on what you are calling Beef Basin road? What I think of as BB road, it's not possible to see anything to the west of Cedar Mesa from it? I'm considering anything south of Horse Mountain as being Elk Ridge and no longer Beef Basin road though. But even if you still call that BB road, I think you'd have to take it all the way to the Bears Ears before you could see west of Cedar Mesa?

- DAA

DAA

Okay, I'll throw a dart then. Basing my guess upon your clues, it's not Knightville, since you said his neighbors. That, and I don't remember any cemetery at Knightville.

His neighbors, to me, would be Eureka. But that looks too overgrown for Eureka? Not at all sure about that, but that's what I'm thinking.

I've been to the Silver City cemetery and I don't remember it well, but don't think it looked like that. Again, not sure though...

Alright, my dart has been thrown and it landed at... Diamond?

- DAA

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
The cemetary just south of Eureka is way bigger than that, and better landscaped.

The only other one I know of in the immediate vicinity is near Silver city - it's way smaller than what Kurt posted, with a wooden fence if I remember it right? I don't know of any in Mammoth, I think Homansville is just a gravel pit, and when I tried to get into Dividend it was posted by a mining company, so I suspect that's gone the way of Mercur. And now I've run out of towns/ruins I know of near Eureka. Except for Diamond. Darn you, DAA.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Close enough gents, this is the Fitch Cemetery just outside of Eureka. It's predominately a family plot, the Fitch family were involved in the mining boom in the early 20th century.

One of you post a pic! :D