South-West Utah Winter On the Rocks 2013 (Jan 25th 26th) information and roll-call...

ricsrx

Is every one madly working trying to get ready for WOTR!!

100_0907.jpg

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
^^^^^^^^ I think I only a few things to button up and I will be ready. The biggest project I have is get the trailer out of the backyard with 2 feet of snow and I giant snow mound ( thanks plow guys) in the front of house. I think getting the trailer out will be a winch training session.

Xiled1

We should be getting in to town on Thursday around 1 PM. Any mild trail runs going on in the afternoon/evening? Milts, Sliplock, West Rim, etc? I'd like to squeeze an extra run in before Friday. Night wheeling would be cool too.

sabatoa1

I am so excited I missed out last year and I am not missing it this year. I was able to get the buggy back on the ground today, seems to be working great other than blowing a tire today. I am looking for a 37X12.5X15 MTR if anyone has one let me know!!!

Crinco

So I just wanna make sure I am not getting lost, we are meeting where? I went down for the winter run a few years back, meet at the same place each year?

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
So I just wanna make sure I am not getting lost, we are meeting where? I went down for the winter run a few years back, meet at the same place each year?
The event is held at the fairground between washington and Hurricane. If you search for the facebook page or the website it has all of the information you will need. Trail sign ups I believe are a first come first serve basis so arrive early to get the trails you want.

sixstringsteve

Anyone have any recomendations of where to camp? As long as we're within an hour of the fairgrounds that's close enough for me. Any recommendations?

sixstringsteve

I'm looking for something more scenic and secluded than the fairgrounds. Sand Hollow might work. Thanks for the suggestions.

sixstringsteve

I'm hoping for some more description/info on the barracks trail, honeymoon trail, renegade, and any other easier trails. Anyone have any info/maps on the barracks trail?

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
From what I heard Renegade was a guntlet of all the hard obsticles from multiple trails put together where ya spend the day hitting them all (I could be wrong though).

Def contact Jeff with any specific trail questions you might have at: 4three5-6one9-6one one9

Don B

formerly rebarguy
A just wrote up some descriptions, but they didn't post. I'll try again later.

Honeymoon Trail; 2/10 very scenic, historical interest.

Barracks Trail; From near Coral Pink Dunes to Mt. Carmel Juntion. 3 or 4/10 very scenic, many crossings of the Virgin River.

Saturday we will run East Rim. 3/10, a milder version of the Sand Hollow trails. Some ledges and deep sand but suitable for a stock 4x4 or beginner driver.