Words and Phrases I HATE!!!

Swoop69

Dad-Gumm and Goll-Dern.

Sorry to say it, but this is an old person term... if you are old, go ahead and use it. I will not mock you... but if you are 35, like my co-worker who uses it all the time, it just sounds wrong. Therefor I hate it, and I put it in my list...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
the neologism "totes" has been getting on my nerves lately, thanks to my brothers, who are in their young 20's... The word is "totally", it's not hard to say. :mad:

I'm glad i've never heard that. That's in the same genre of ghey as, 'whatev'.. or, 'cereal' in place of serious.:-\

Swoop69

"Lack of planning on your part doesnt constitue an emergency on my part"

while I agree with the saying, a coworker uses it all the time.... in fact, 90% of all words and phrases I hate come from him!!!

I also hate it when people sing along with the radio while riding in my car. Do it in your own car, preferably when I am not held captive in said car.

Swoop69

This isnt so much a word or a phrase that I hate, but a naming convention that drives me nuts!!!

I hate it when people name their pets "Mr." or "Mrs." something.

Dogs named Mr. Shnookie Wookie need to be put down. Cats named Mrs Happy Paws need to be put down. in fact all cats need to be put down period.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
This isnt so much a word or a phrase that I hate, but a naming convention that drives me nuts!!!

I hate it when people name their pets "Mr." or "Mrs." something.

Dogs named Mr. Shnookie Wookie need to be put down. Cats named Mrs Happy Paws need to be put down. in fact all cats need to be put down period.

My kitty cat Mr. SwoopySchnoukums69 disagrees with you here.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
guyses? guys's? guys'?

"I'm going to borrow you guyses car for the day" "I'm going to come over to your guys's house..."? Somehow the plural possessive of "you guys". This upsets Cody.

jdub

Scrambler
Why does everyone laugh when I ask them to hand me the dykes?
Are they side cutters, diagonal pliers, wire cutters. Who is right?

Thongs on your feet? My boss occasionally wears them.