Your Pic of The Day

Tonkaman

View attachment 162984

Spent some time with Field Craft Survival this last weekend. They offer mobility course aimed at skills relevant to off-road travel and/or living out of your vehicle be it a few days or extended travel. Such fun events, a ton to learn. They have a super neat provate property access in Spanish Fork Canyon with plenty of room to camp, shoot, and host classes, etc. I led the recovery class block. I love seeing folks spark when we get gear and winches out and start setting them up in different scenarios.

View attachment 162985

I love going on trips with legit photographers. I often get home from a trip and look at phone, just to find I took 3-4 crappy pics. They just shared these ones.

View attachment 162987
Very cool. I really like what Mike has been putting together these last few years 👍

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Very cool. I really like what Mike has been putting together these last few years 👍

They are fantastic gents and I've been really impressed by the community they inspire and the hustle they have at FCS. They just moved into a much larger facility in Provo. It will have classroom, shoot-house (sim-rounds), jiu-jitsu dojo, gym and merchandise, all under one roof. Excited to work more with them.

Interested in doing a pistol class? I'm going to sign up to do some training with them.

STAG

On my grind
I did that cruise in 2015.... if you have the time, I'd suggest an orca watch tour in Victoria. We went with a company called Orca Spirit BC, and had an amazing time. I count that as one of my top five life experiences.
It’s on my bucket list to swim with Orcas. Even if it’s the last thing I do…

*edit- but for real, there’s never been a recorded attack on a human from a wild orca, so I don’t have a death wish or anything, but I mean the risk is always there.

Last edited:

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
It’s on my bucket list to swim with Orcas. Even if it’s the last thing I do…

*edit- but for real, there’s never been a recorded attack on a human from a wild orca, so I don’t have a death wish or anything, but I mean the risk is always there.
That's a really hard NOPE from me... we saw a bunch on that tour, spent a long time with the engines shut down cause they were so close. Even saw a couple of them working on next year's babies real close to the ship. Several big males breached about 50 feet off the side of the ship.

I think I have that thing where you are afraid of big things in water, and when you get close to a big Orca, they are BIG.
I'm out on that one... but I wish you the best of luck, and for some reason I have that "If I die young, doing something stupid, make a video and youtube it" song in my head...

STAG

On my grind
That's a really hard NOPE from me... we saw a bunch on that tour, spent a long time with the engines shut down cause they were so close. Even saw a couple of them working on next year's babies real close to the ship. Several big males breached about 50 feet off the side of the ship.

I think I have that thing where you are afraid of big things in water, and when you get close to a big Orca, they are BIG.
I'm out on that one... but I wish you the best of luck, and for some reason I have that "If I die young, doing something stupid, make a video and youtube it" song in my head...
Steve Irwin taught me bad ideas and a love for marine life