Your Pic of The Day

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
2000’ NW of Bruin Point on a newer flat built by private land owner(s). The 40’x80’ flag can be see from HWY 6, over 15 miles away. The flagpole was already installed, it had to have been set into place with a crane and I’m told the footing is 15’ deep.

We raised a significantly larger flag at the location as part of the veteran program.

View attachment 173001
Makes sense now. That is Mike Siaparis . He has built a big Lodge up there and they have plans and have been building a ski resort at their lodge.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
In
Precisely. Mike and team were our host. He's very active in veteran programs.
Mike is a good guy. I have only met him a couple of times while up on the Tavaputs with our ranching friends, but a good friend of mine is one of his main guys on the 106 Reforest operation. You have possilby met him. Real tall and skinny and goes by the nickname Chicken bone.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
In

Mike is a good guy. I have only met him a couple of times while up on the Tavaputs with our ranching friends, but a good friend of mine is one of his main guys on the 106 Reforest operation. You have possilby met him. Real tall and skinny and goes by the nickname Chicken bone.

We were with Bones for a few days. Great gent!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
It‘s often quipped, “you should never meet your heroes". I disagree, I want to meet every one of them. The heroes I'm referring to are the brave men and women that serve or have served the call of duty to protect this great nation. Respect for our soldiers and veterans took on a much deeper understanding this last week in what I can only describe as one of the most humbling events I've been part of. I was fortunate to be part of a group that shared some of our favorite Utah back country spots with six veterans with a wide variety of combat and leadership experience. The crescendo of the week was the opportunity to raise a 40'x80' USA flag high into the air, emotional and sobering.

20240523_185631.jpg

Such a powerful way to lead into the Memorial Day weekend, a remembrance of those that paid the ultimate sacrifice. One day, one weekend, one week, one month... it's simply not enough to honor these heroes. 🇺🇸

IMG-20240524-WA0065.jpg

IMG-20240524-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20240523-WA0146.jpg

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Got back from East Carbon with the vet trip (Operation Overland) and Candace and I hitched up the Tramp Scamp and burned back to Helper. Sadly the Helper Vibes event was cancelled due to rain bit we enjoyed a night on the town and some Helper Brews. We hiked up Spring Canyon, the perfect way to let the dogs run off some steam.

20240526_115209.jpg