Your Pic of The Day

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Found a gps tracker in my teenage girls car today.
100% sure it was there when we bought the car. And was probably dead long before that. But still creepy and whack.

View attachment 176618View attachment 176619
That is freaky.

I'd recommend everybody also check their OBDII ports (they will use an adapter that will run into the dash or sidewall to hide it) for gps trackers... dealerships have been putting them there under contract with data brokers for insurance companies.

Here's the one I found on my F150
IMG_8339.jpeg

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
That is freaky.

I'd recommend everybody also check their OBDII ports (they will use an adapter that will run into the dash or sidewall to hide it) for gps trackers... dealerships have been putting them there under contract with data brokers for insurance companies.

Here's the one I found on my F150
View attachment 176620

That's the exact same unit the company I work for uses for company vehicles, tieing it in to our ELD (electronic logs for CDL drivers). I found the web page to that showed everything, they track speed showing EXACTLY how fast (and send an alert if speeding), ping every 15 seconds and show a breadcrumb trail everywhere you drive.

I started showing other employees how they could look up their own vehicles and soon after they removed our access.

DAA

Supporting Member
So this picture is actually about six years old. But stopped by to check on the old girl again a few days ago.

2018_Coyote%20Hunt-153.jpg

It has a LOT of new bullet holes since then. Glass is broken out now. Etc. But we checked the fuel filter and it has decent looking gas with no water showing. The oil is full and smells/tastes okay. We barred the motor over pretty easily.

We are seriously considering going back to it for a Roadkill/Vise Grips style motor start. I had one of these back in the day, same 152. I legitimately think we can get that sucker started. We'd just leave it more or less as we found it again. But we are kind of not jokingly talking about giving it a go.

- DAA

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
That's the exact same unit the company I work for uses for company vehicles, tieing it in to our ELD (electronic logs for CDL drivers). I found the web page to that showed everything, they track speed showing EXACTLY how fast (and send an alert if speeding), ping every 15 seconds and show a breadcrumb trail everywhere you drive.

I started showing other employees how they could look up their own vehicles and soon after they removed our access.
I pried it open and pulled out the sim card with the intent to toss it in a phone for free data. :rofl:
I waited too long after I pulled it because the sim was no longer active.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
So this picture is actually about six years old. But stopped by to check on the old girl again a few days ago.

2018_Coyote%20Hunt-153.jpg

It has a LOT of new bullet holes since then. Glass is broken out now. Etc. But we checked the fuel filter and it has decent looking gas with no water showing. The oil is full and smells/tastes okay. We barred the motor over pretty easily.

We are seriously considering going back to it for a Roadkill/Vise Grips style motor start. I had one of these back in the day, same 152. I legitimately think we can get that sucker started. We'd just leave it more or less as we found it again. But we are kind of not jokingly talking about giving it a go.

- DAA
Hell yeah.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Pic is technically from last night but I just got home and I’m going through pics/videos. My little girl killed it this week. She turned 5 on Monday so we celebrated her birthday there. But over the course of three days in Disneyland & DCA I walked 37.62 miles. We got up at 6:30 every morning and stayed in the parks until 11:30 the first night, 10:30 the second night and midnight the third night. Those were some long days and my kiddos did great. It really is a wildly fun experience and I’m happy to be a Disneyland dad.
IMG_5968.jpeg