2002 KDX/CR Hybrid build

sixstringsteve

Next was the radiator.

Rather than pay $50 for Dr D radiator lowering tabs, I made my own cheapo tabs out of aluminum.

IMG_1296.JPG

I couldn't find any dealers with the CR250 T fitting for the radiator hoses. So this is an experiment. These fittings are for drip line. They say on them "for gardening only, not for hot water systems." So we'll see how that goes. They'll probably melt and leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere, and dissolve into my engine as well. I hope not, but we'll see. This is a temporary fix until I get the honda part.

IMG_1297.JPG

IMG_1298.JPG

IMG_1299.JPG

IMG_1300.JPG

Caleb

Nice! That's looking good. Another option on the "T" fitting is to go to a hose place and get a brass fitting.

Caleb

I just thought abou it, you're going to have to strip your graphics and have some custom ones made KDX125R???

sixstringsteve

Yeah, I do need a stand. I'm way over budget as it is, so I gotta prioritize. I have a triangle stand, but I do need a regular stand. I think I want one with a jack on it.

Caleb

Yeah, I do need a stand. I'm way over budget as it is, so I gotta prioritize. I have a triangle stand, but I do need a regular stand. I think I want one with a jack on it.
I've got one of those too if you want to borrow it. Since getting rid of my big bike (my Husky), I never use it.

sixstringsteve

I cleaned my garage today, and in the process I found my slide spring. So the throttle is connected now.

I was adjusting the chain tensioners, and the bolt head snapped off. :mad: It's probably time I own my own set of stud pullers, but with Autuzone being free, it's hard to pass up.

I mounted the headlight and thought about doing the wiring then gave up for the day. I'll get a pic of the headlight tomorrow. it's 3:30 AM and I don't feel like finding my camera right now.

sixstringsteve

Here it is with the new headlight. I think it'd look better on this bike if it were about 10% bigger, but it's the best option I've found, and it's cheap. It'll look good when I switch to black/white plastics.

IMG_1315.JPG

IMG_1316.JPG

Last edited:

Caleb

I like the headlight. If you swap to just a black front fender, I think it'd look good. A lot of the racers have black fronts with red plastics.

sixstringsteve

I like the headlight. If you swap to just a black front fender, I think it'd look good. A lot of the racers have black fronts with red plastics.

cool, that's a good idea. I'll have to search some pictures and see what I like. I've got my eye on a set of plastics I love, but I'm going to have to sell some dirt bike parts before I can afford them.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
:cool:

One of the reasons for the black front fenders is to reduce the glare from the headlight in the dark. The white fenders are the worst for that :-\