2nd Annual Winter Riding Trip

GAR

Good news! the stars have aligned and work is taking me to Vegas the 19th and I'm driving a van out with my bike and headed to St. George probably the 22nd to ride with you dorks.
Since moving to Michigan in February I have sold my Ktm 525, had a boring summer then picked up a '11 KTM 200 xcw this fall. I blazed some trails in the 80 or so acres we own and got a bit of riding before the winter came. I really like this little bike, compared to my 525 it is super easy to manage, very responsive and has a nice little bit of grunt. Definitely lacking the pull-your-arms-off power that my 525 had, you have to be in the right gear and use the clutch a bunch but its fun.
...any-who, super excited to come out and play in the desert again! better get to ordering some parts, new chain/sprockets, skid plate, rear disc guard and maybe radiator braces

KTM200xcw.jpg

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
In some ways I wish I was not taking my kids to the first National Hare & Hound of the year. I just sent my suspension off for some further upgrades and I want to get some seat time in before Mesquite.

Cascadia

Undecided
In some ways I wish I was not taking my kids to the first National Hare & Hound of the year. I just sent my suspension off for some further upgrades and I want to get some seat time in before Mesquite.
What more could your suspension need? Just wondering since I like to follow your formula. ;)

Grant, it'll be awesome to have you back for a few days and get you back in the desert.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
What more could your suspension need? Just wondering since I like to follow your formula. ;)

Grant, it'll be awesome to have you back for a few days and get you back in the desert.

I battled a balance between plushness that would not deflect in the rocks and bottoming resistance all year long. After spending 8 hours with Pete when he did Jack's bike this summer, I have faith in his cone base valves. They offer a true progressive stroke that is both plush and bottoming resistant.

I am an old fat guy that needs to use every possible advantage I can to keep running with these younger kids.

Cascadia

Undecided
I haven't ridden long enough to know what feels right and wrong and what could be better. I thought my stock suspension was awesome. Then I blew the shock so I had the whole front and rear resprung and revalved and it felt even better. But I'm sure there's always room for improvement and tuning I'm just not knowledgeable enough to know what to do. I often feel like im bouncing off rocks too hard and feel like the suspension should soak some of it up (maybe it is) but in my mind I think it's just me not riding correctly or feeling weird about it (which is most likely the case).

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I haven't ridden long enough to know what feels right and wrong and what could be better. I thought my stock suspension was awesome. Then I blew the shock so I had the whole front and rear resprung and revalved and it felt even better. But I'm sure there's always room for improvement and tuning I'm just not knowledgeable enough to know what to do. I often feel like im bouncing off rocks too hard and feel like the suspension should soak some of it up (maybe it is) but in my mind I think it's just me not riding correctly or feeling weird about it (which is most likely the case).

Don't get me wrong......I have been very happy with Brads work, it is just that with conventional valving, there is always some give and take when you hit a certain point in how you are riding the bike. Huck valves are one solution but that is only for the forks, the N10z valves address both ends.

rholbrook

Harrison and I are in though we will not be staying with you or possibly riding with you the whole time. We will see

i think the 200 will be Harrison's replacement of his 150RB either this fall or next spring depending on when he gets his growth spurt

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Im gonna have to downgrade to the maybe list

I got called as a Scout leader and they have a campout scheduled to Crystal Hot Springs that weekend that i really should go to. I should know more after tonight

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Im gonna have to downgrade to the maybe list

I got called as a Scout leader and they have a campout scheduled to Crystal Hot Springs that weekend that i really should go to. I should know more after tonight

It's bad luck to support the scouts. No good will come of it.

Cascadia

Undecided
Where's he staying? There's limited beds at our place and my in laws don't want a crap load of guys.

So far I was planning on me, Von, Greg, Stratton, Cheston ?, Grant staying at my place.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Where's he staying? There's limited beds at our place and my in laws don't want a crap load of guys.

So far I was planning on me, Von, Greg, Stratton, Cheston ?, Grant staying at my place.
Ill likely have my camp trailer, if not Ill have a hotel room for me and my brothers..