7MGE Swap update

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Nice Greg! Good to see some results! Now about those TPS reports... you need to have a coversheet for those. Did you get the memo? :D

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Originally posted by Greg

I need to findout if the V6 radiator has the Inlet/Outlet setup same as the 4 Cyl.

What is it that you need to know? Just what side they're on? I just looked at my V6 and the top one is on the pass. side and the bottom is on the drivers side.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by Herzog
Nice Greg! Good to see some results! Now about those TPS reports... you need to have a coversheet for those. Did you get the memo? :D

Huh? :confused: :)

Originally posted by Coreshot

What is it that you need to know? Just what side they're on? I just looked at my V6 and the top one is on the pass. side and the bottom is on the drivers side.

Thanks Cory, that's the same as my 4 Cyl radiator. Looks like I need to have some work done....

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Originally posted by Herzog

LOL, just don't try to take away his stapler or he may burn the garage down... ;)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by Vonski

LOL, just don't try to take away his stapler or he may burn the garage down... ;)

He may not burn the garage down, but he'll kill RME for a few hours. :D

Bones

Cool deal! There's always more to a swap than you think I bet.

I'm looking for a 2.7 DOHC 4 banger from a Tacoma to swap in someday. Nice power to weight and pretty much a bolt in deal for when my 22RE starts to take a dump. 230K and still goin.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by Bones
Cool deal! There's always more to a swap than you think I bet.

I'm looking for a 2.7 DOHC 4 banger from a Tacoma to swap in someday. Nice power to weight and pretty much a bolt in deal for when my 22RE starts to take a dump. 230K and still goin.

Yeah... More $$, More Time, More small parts.... It never ends!

The 2.7 is a killer motor, I'd like to see that done!

TigerStripe40

Arrogant Bastard
Originally posted by Greg

Yeah... More $$, More Time, More small parts.... It never ends!

The 2.7 is a killer motor, I'd like to see that done!

I';ve got a buddy who has a 1997 4Runner with the 2.7 litre 4cylinder.
He's got 200,000+ miles on it.

We were running up to Logan, him, myself, his wife, and his snowmobile trailer with a snowmobile on it. The truck loaded with a BUNCH of caving gear, not to mention the solar panels and radio equipment onboard... We were blasing down I-15 at 83mph with pedal to spare.

SuperRunner

Turbo is my middle name
Hey greg, how goes the swap. Did those headers work?

I am supposed to have tobin's done this weekend, but I just barely got the crank and pistons in. Still lots to do.