Any experience with the Husky/ KTM 350s?

Tonkaman

I'd sure like to do some mire riding with you guys this year. It would be nice to throw a leg over the different bikes for a dude by side comparison. I won't be in the market till next year anyway

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I don't know what a dude by side comparison is, but you can ride my bike next time we go riding. ;)

I'd sure like to do some mire riding with you guys this year. It would be nice to throw a leg over the different bikes for a dude by side comparison. I won't be in the market till next year anyway

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Paul, they've got a build your own beta feature and you can buy them built for you with the suspension done when yu pick it up. Tempting!

I am familiar with that aspect, but that is still not the solution to the Beta suspension. I have a friend that put over 2K into the best they had to offer offer and still did not like it better than his stock KTM suspension. Tj Hanafin was riding expensive factory suspension from Purvines and never was as fast on that bike as he was his Kawi. Don't get me wrong, Beta builds a good motor, but there is something about the way suspension works on their bike that just does not work for most people unless your last name is Burson or Pearson.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I may need to borrow a bike to sweep loop 2 on Saturday if I can't get my subframe welded back up in time.20150425_180053.jpg

I don't have the equipment/ability to weld aluminum at home.

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I've wondered about the GasGas 300... this one seems like a good deal. - http://westslope.craigslist.org/mcy/4974082455.html

00707_kAHwbgoZQ3G_600x450.jpg

rholbrook

I spent some time on 2014 GasGas 300 with trials tires and a Clake Clutch. Honestly, it felt too rigid. Power was fine, I just likes the feel of my KTM better. I do however think that the one I rode was a great looking bike. My concern would be parts for it. GasGas is still a little too exotic.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
The biggest negative I personally see in owning something like a GasGas and older Husky (pre KTM ownership) and to a small extent with the Beta is the lack of after market support and the scattered network of local dealerships. The internet has made it a smaller world, but it is always nice to have the access of a dealership that you can walk into, even if most of the time the people who work there are idiots.

rholbrook

The biggest negative I personally see in owning something like a GasGas and older Husky (pre KTM ownership) and to a small extent with the Beta is the lack of after market support and the scattered network of local dealerships. The internet has made it a smaller world, but it is always nice to have the access of a dealership that you can walk into, even if most of the time the people who work there are idiots.
Amen, thats what I meant by exotic. I had a VOR some years ago. The big was a riot when it was running but anytime I needed anything it was atleast a week to get anything.

Caleb

This was my biggest complaint about my old Husky. I could get parts if I wanted to wait for them to be shipped. Even then, a lot of the parts were only available via old stock, so once it was gone, you're SOL (or changing/modifying for aftermarket parts).