Any experience with the Husky/ KTM 350s?

rholbrook

I've wondered about the GasGas 300... this one seems like a good deal. - http://westslope.craigslist.org/mcy/4974082455.html

00707_kAHwbgoZQ3G_600x450.jpg
I dont think this GasGas has electric start. The GasGas I rode had the starter motor sits vertically on the left front of the motor between the exhaust pipe and the on top of the case where the flywheel is. They sound funny when the starter fires.

CAAF795A-550F-426D-A30E-839151468256.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] If you look at the left side of the cylinder you can see a black starter motor bolted on there.
FB178553-B2A1-46B2-A7FE-F6B7683D7047.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Such a goodlooking bike.

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I dont think this GasGas has electric start. The GasGas I rode had the starter motor sits vertically on the left front of the motor between the exhaust pipe and the on top of the case where the flywheel is. They sound funny when the starter fires.

What's this 'electric start' you speak of? Hell, it's a 2 stroke... kick it!!

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
You should see how much bigger my right leg is... Maybe I should get an old left side kick Husky to even them out...

I think it would be cool to restore an old bulltaco, they had the kicker on the wrong side.

Attachments

• 978BultacoFronteraM180_03.jpg
    978BultacoFronteraM180_03.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 7

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I'm finally going to get a chance to get some seat time this weekend on a new friend's 350, supposedly the suspension is setup for a light guy like me.
If anyone wants to go up to Strawberry to ride singletrack on Saturday, you're welcome to ride with me.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I may go if I get my suspension junk wrapped up. That way, you can ride a 300 with 4CS forks setup for a little guy. If not, stop by my place on your way through Heber to point and laugh. :)

rholbrook

For racing, I am not a big fan of a wide ratio transmission. It makes it harder to always be in that sweet spot.
Maybe all the decision makers for KTM are riding with Rekluses which allow some wiggle room with gearing. I would be curious as to what percentage of enduro type bikes have rekluses in them. Out of my close group of riding friends I would bet 90% of them have Rekluses and five of them have lowered their bikes now too.