Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

sixstringsteve

I ordered a new bronson today. That means my Santac Croz Nomad Carbon is for sale. Actually, both my nomads are for sale if anyone's looking for one of the best enduro/AM bikes ever made.

My bike: $5500
p5pb13807186.jpg

My wife's bike: $4000
p5pb13807271.jpg

rholbrook

Hey Russ, how's Harrison's racing going?

Harrison had his final race Sunday in the Utah Down Hill Series. It was called the Fly'n Brian Race. He prefers the Super D (enduro) over the Down Hill. He is racing the Cat 2 13-18 class and has really done well against these kids. He turned 15 in February and competes with these kids that are older. On the first race he had the 13th fastest time of the day in all classes.

The trail they rode at Brianhead was called Dark Hollow and is just over 5 miles long. There was some flat peddling and a small steep uphill on it. His time was 23 min 01 sec. The wining time in his class was just under 22 min. Fasted time of the race was mid 19 min.
IMG_7046.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_7038.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

He has raced 3 out of the 4 races. The First race he took 1st, 2nd race he raced Downhill because they didnt have a Super D at Pomerelle in Idaho and he took 6th, 8 seconds from being in 3rd and then this last one. The Downhill was had some nice drop offs like the one below.

[video=youtube;RdBoan53sWs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdBoan53sWs[/video]

He has also been racing the Wednesday Evening race series at Snow Basin and placed 9th the first race, 6th the second race and fourth the last two races. He is at a disadvantage by 8 lbs of bike. His Specialized Enduro Comp is heavier than the cross country bikes he is going up against on these cross country style races.

He will be racing for Davis High this fall and is excited for that to start up.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Rode Pipeline in Millcreek tonight, that is a fun trail! Time for a tune up on my bike now though, I hit a rock hard on Saturday at Snowbasin and jacked up my rear rim. Tonight the brake locked up suddenly, and then the rear axle rod kept coming loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixstringsteve

Russ, tell Harrison how proud we are of him, those are some awesome results! I think winter bmx would be super fun for him. Most of our top enduro pros are former bmx Champs (Jared gravesdiggerxj, Richie rude, Cody Kelly, mitch ropelato).

My wife and I are riding 2-3 times a week now. We really love riding together. With her new bike she tides twice as good as before.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Anybody here into bikepacking, like backpacking with your bike? I just pulled the trigger on a Salsa Deadwood for my road riding, and may evolve into some bikepacking over time.

sixstringsteve

My wife and I are back in town and we'd like to ride with some of you guys. We're thinking of Crest Trail on Saturday, the 8th. I'm recovering from a sore throat right now, but I hope to be riding almost every night starting Monday night. We'll be riding the Draper bike park, corner canyon, lambert, and AF Canyon if anyone' s up for a ride.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
My wife and I are back in town and we'd like to ride with some of you guys. We're thinking of Crest Trail on Saturday, the 8th. I'm recovering from a sore throat right now, but I hope to be riding almost every night starting Monday night. We'll be riding the Draper bike park, corner canyon, lambert, and AF Canyon if anyone' s up for a ride.

I'd love to ride with you guys, but I'm out of town all next week. How long are you in town?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rholbrook

Harrison would be up for it. He has a high school race at Powder Mountain tomorrow. I will shuttle you up at corner canyon and you can just have fun on the downhill.

sixstringsteve

I won't argue with a shuttle! I'd like to take him on the Maple Hollow trail. It's downhill-only, expert level. It starts at the top of suncrest. Incredible trail, he'd LOVE it. I'm recovering from strep throat at the moment. I should be good to ride by Wed.

Last edited:

rholbrook

I won't argue with a shuttle! I'd like to take him on the Maple Hollow trail. It's downhill-only, expert level. It starts at the top of suncrest. Incredible trail, he'd LOVE it. I'm recovering from strep throat at the moment. I should be good to ride by Wed.
Harrison had a race in Vernal, they have him racing JV Division 1 as a Sophmore. In Vernal he started somewhere in position 60-70th place and finished 9th. His race at Powder Mountain Saturday he started in 9th place based on his last finish but finished this race in 18th. He stayed out later Friday night and got up at 6 am. He said he had no energy and felt dehydrated. He claims he has learned his lesson. Wednesday may work but the weather may not be good.

sixstringsteve

Tess and I will be in moab next week (Oct 17-22) for the week. We plan on camping and riding a lot of trails. Anyone's welcome to join us.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Tess and I will be in moab next week (Oct 17-22) for the week. We plan on camping and riding a lot of trails. Anyone's welcome to join us.
I'm riding TWE the 23rd if you want to join Steve. Might be up for a short ride the evening of the 22nd depending on when we get down there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

sixstringsteve

We had an awesome time riding the White Rim Trail last week with a few other RMErs: rholbrook, tjentsch, and fattony.

[video=youtube;gmqp9Hjnofk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmqp9Hjnofk&lc[/video]

Days 2 and 3 videos to come in a couple days.