Any trips comming up that you don't have to have a JEEP to be accepted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I think most of us on here are pretty opened-minded, I know I am. I've wheeled with Isuzus, Samuaris, Nissans, Mistubishi's, Dodges, Fords, Chevys, etc, etc. Jeeps & Toyotas are preferred due to the massive after-maket support that's offered to them. There are clicks everywhere, even the guys that claim not to have clicks, have clicks. It's just a way of life. They might be more obvious in certain circles and with groups of people that know each other better, but if you have the right approach I'd like to think that most people will welcome you with opened arms.

My last wheelin trip found me wheeling with people I've known for 8+ years & a few people who were total strangers. I tried to treat everyone the same, but that friendship may appear clickish. I dunno... I wish you had a better experience for your sake. Don't judge all of us by the actions of few. ;)

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Wasatch Outlaw Wheelers is my club out of Ogden. It has Broncos, Jeeps, Durango, Toyotas, and yes.........a Scout. You will get crap for driving a Jeep before anything else. At least from me.

First of all, I have never been on an RME run that was in any way vehicle specific. Are we usually the only Bronco? Most definitely, but who gives a rat's ass? I have to agree with Cody on this one and say get the chip off your shoulder and just go wheeling! There are so many rockin' people on this forum and we always have a great time whether we're out with friends or people we just met that day (and yes, that even includes the time we ran with TWO zuks :eek:).

4554x4

always modifing something
isuzu and pinto

It was a RME run that I felt like an alien driving a pinto, so my wife and I did it alone and had a good time anyway.(she was dissapointed in the overall attitude also).

I hate Isuzu's, only because they are kinda tough to work on. I have also had a lot of fun wheeling in my wifes Rodeo on the days when we weren't able to tow the big ugly Blazer out. The Rodeo has performed better than I expected though. Nobody gave me a hard time about driving the Isuzu. I did own a Pinto at one time and it was a great car. Dont be so hard on me and my car! I might feel left out and not part of the click!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
....... Most definitely, but who gives a rat's ass? I have to agree with Cody on this one and say get the chip off your shoulder and just go wheeling! There are so many rockin' people on this forum and we always have a great time whether we're out with friends or people we just met that day (and yes, that even includes the time we ran with TWO zuks :eek:).

That's kinda how I feel. If I do give a Bronco or Scout person a hard time, it's definitely in good humor (or at least an attempt). I'm not sure what to call what I wheel. It looks like a Jeep but is probably 75% GM.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Cody- I know how I was treated- with a witness, and saw another person with an 'other' vehicle that it seemed the same way. Where you there? what do you drive?

Nope, I wasn't there and I drive a super common grand cherokee--hence the reference to my involvement with the 'grand cherokee' event. -_-

Thanks cody, just proving a point.

No problem bud. Happy to help. Still not sure what your point is but if it makes you feel better to vent then by all means let it out. I've never excluded anyone from any trail--hell even though I hate Sami's I still wheel with them (my hatred is more for comedic effect than anything)

I will and have chosen to exclude people that have a bad attitude--and they drive all sorts of vehicles (maybe even Isuzu's?)

I wheeled with a bunch of renegade Isuzu Rodeo guys in Moab one year that were there for some Isuzoo event and they felt unwelcomed so they did their own thing. It must have been that they didn't have the right color tires to be accepted. Crazy how this world works........

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
right, 'click' is the noise your lighter makes when you blaze up a 'j' you endo smokin hippie. :cody:

amigo1

Amigos = Friends
Sorry boys to bring up something in a "forum" setting that might have needed to be said. Hopefully some know what constructive criticism is. Who knows, this forum could have many more friendly people here.
Shouldn't we all feel some sort of unity for the enjoyment we get out of the thing we call 4x4?, reguardless of what drives the 4 wheels? I have no chip on my shoulder, hell, I've had 4 jeeps, so I understand the bias, but I like to think that I've moved on to a better place.
Can you blame me for wanting a short wheelbase (like a Jeep) vehicle that came stock with :
coil sprung dana 44 rear
4 wheel discs with drum parking brake (like some jeeps are upgrading to)
v6 w/same torque and almost 30 more hp than 4.0
better mileage than jeep
A/C !
lots more room inside, plus a back seat someone could actually use
removable hard top
shure I have to put a solid axle up front, but then it will go anywhere I ever put my Jeep. it practically does that now.
I'd just rather drive something other than what the teenie bopper girl down the street drives.
I've been told I'm actually a very easy going nice guy, so I don't care -my wife loves me, I guess I'l just have to 'wheel with her (and other friendly people, like greg, nano and zombie -thanks).

4554x4

always modifing something
Sorry boys to bring up something in a "forum" setting that might have needed to be said. Hopefully some know what constructive criticism is. Who knows, this forum could have many more friendly people here.
Shouldn't we all feel some sort of unity for the enjoyment we get out of the thing we call 4x4?, reguardless of what drives the 4 wheels? I have no chip on my shoulder, hell, I've had 4 jeeps, so I understand the bias, but I like to think that I've moved on to a better place.
Can you blame me for wanting a short wheelbase (like a Jeep) vehicle that came stock with :
coil sprung dana 44 rear
better mileage than jeep
A/C !
removable hard top
shure I have to put a solid axle up front, but then it will go anywhere I ever put my Jeep. it practically does that now.
I'd just rather drive something other than what the teenie bopper girl down the street drives.
I've been told I'm actually a very easy going nice guy, so I don't care -my wife loves me, I guess I'l just have to 'wheel with her (and other friendly people, like greg, nano and zombie -thanks).

Dude, its cool, as soon as you apologize about the pinto... Then we will go wheeling with our Isuzus...

Brett

Meat-Hippy
coil sprung dana 44 rear
better mileage than jeep
A/C !
removable hard top

What about me though? :(

GOAT

Back from the beyond
you need to check out slc4x4.com.

we dont care what you drive. you just gotta be a good person who can hold back the swear words as we are a family oriented club.

check it out, look around and read the pages, see if it is for you.

adios

Johnny

Wheeling without cursing? Not on my watch:D

Status
Not open for further replies.