Any trips comming up that you don't have to have a JEEP to be accepted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leorn

reset
6 pages since yesterday??? WOW

Amigo, You definitely pushed our buttons. I think you got such an overwhelming response because a lot of people here really pride themselves on being friendly. I'm of the opinion that the vast majority of us here are.

I'll take a little different perspective on things as I have relocated several times in my life. The first few times I had the attitude that it was everybody else's job to make friends with me. I'm a nice guy, willing to help out, like to have a good time. General qualities of a good friend that everyone wants to hang out with, right. I should be able to find people just like my old friends. So I thought.

I found the reality to be that most people had already filled their need to fill friendships. I didn't take into account the fact that my old friends had known me for years and the way they treated me was based years of gaining trust.

So I after some experience I got it in my head that it was my own responsibility to introduce myself and initiate friendships. I shouldn't expect to be instant friends with someone like a "just add water" cup of cocoa. It would probably be a while before I could expect to have some good friendships similar to those I had before.

I found it infinitely more productive to initiate friendships myself. It definitely put me out of my comfort zone, but it was definitely worth it.

Finally I added one more ingredient to my philosophy. I try to make it a point to introduce myself to anybody new in any situation I am in, even if I feel like the new guy myself. Hopefully I can help make their transition just a bit better than mine was.

So Amigo, I can't make a judgement whether it was you or them as I wasn't there. It really doesn't matter. What does matter is what you do about it. I hope you will keep wheeling, and keep meeting people until you find a group that fits.

amigo1

Amigos = Friends
No chip, and I feel no need to prove anything with my vehicle, I've just never been treated as such in moab or elsewhere. Just making a point- feeling guilty?

It seems as though people here have more problem with my original problem than I had with my original problem; originally. :)
I was only bringigng up a concern, and not only mine - and was in no way blaming everyone - read it
really people, get over it -- I have,.... long ago (also said)
And by the way, name calling really does say something for you.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
It seems as though people here have more problem with my original problem than I had with my original problem; originally. :)
I was only bringigng up a concern, and not only mine - and was in no way blaming everyone - read it
really people, get over it -- I have,.... long ago (also said)
And by the way, name calling really does say something for you.

If you're done, then we're done. I'm sorry you felt left out, but don't judge our 6000+ members by the actions of a few.

I'm locking this thread, seems like everyone has had their say & most of it has been quite positive. Thanks for the chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.