Any trips comming up that you don't have to have a JEEP to be accepted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Sorry boys to bring up something in a "forum" setting that might have needed to be said. Hopefully some know what constructive criticism is. Who knows, this forum could have many more friendly people here.

There are a ton of friendly people here. Problem with a forum is that "friendliness" can be perceived differently (mostly wrong). :)

I believe the whole ribbing about what vehicle you wheel has been around as long as 4wd has been. It's all part of the fun. Never take it serious, because when it comes down to it, ANY vehicle can be modified to our perform the other.

I've seen some really bad ass Amigo builds over the years... once you start piling axles and money into a rig, they are all the same IMO.

:D

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I hear ya, amigo1. Try wheelin' a BMW...

Seriously though. I'll admit there are people I don't like wheeling with. I don't like wheeling with people who are underbuilt or unprepared for the trail. I don't like people who are going to get super pissed off if they do break something or scratch some paint. I don't like wheeling with people who are going to disrespect the trail by using illegal bypasses or throwing trash around. I don't like wheeling with people who have a bad attitude. I don't like wheeling with a lot of people. I guess that's why I tend to go wheeling with fairly small groups where I know everyone is well prepared.

I have NEVER refused to wheel with anyone because of that brand on the grill. :rolleyes:

I would say one of four things happened.

1. You went with a group of super ignorant people who do not represent the majority of us.

2. They were giving you some good-natured ribbing and you didn't get the joke.

3. You fit into one of the categories above and that's why they didn't want to wheel with you. It had nothing to do with your vehicle brand.

4. You're a hippie. Nobody likes wheeling with a hippie. They smell bad.

Welcome to RME! :)

Meat_

Banned
I only ever exclude people who I don't like, it has nothing to do with what they choose to drive. Although if someone is in an under prepared rig and thinking about following me on a trail that is way over their head... I'll politely tell them they aren't up to it and often offer them a ride if I have a spare seat.

It was a RME run that I felt like an alien driving a pinto, so my wife and I did it alone and had a good time anyway.(she was dissapointed in the overall attitude also).

What trail ride are you talking about?

projektdotnet

Cruiserhead
I choose to drive a toyota myself because I grew up in one, well until my dad sold it and bought his jeep anyway. I love the stock parts because they are easily built up to be able to take just about anything if you have enough time, money or skill (pick 2).

If you choose to wheel a Jeep, Ford, Chev, Isuzu, etc (so on so forth) more power to you just remember I'll still rib ya for it (my dad hates it too lol).

See ya on the trails

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Sorry boys to bring up something in a "forum" setting that might have needed to be said. Hopefully some know what constructive criticism is. Who knows, this forum could have many more friendly people here.
Shouldn't we all feel some sort of unity for the enjoyment we get out of the thing we call 4x4?, reguardless of what drives the 4 wheels? I have no chip on my shoulder, hell, I've had 4 jeeps, so I understand the bias, but I like to think that I've moved on to a better place.
Can you blame me for wanting a short wheelbase (like a Jeep) vehicle that came stock with :
coil sprung dana 44 rear
4 wheel discs with drum parking brake (like some jeeps are upgrading to)
v6 w/same torque and almost 30 more hp than 4.0
better mileage than jeep
A/C !
lots more room inside, plus a back seat someone could actually use
removable hard top
shure I have to put a solid axle up front, but then it will go anywhere I ever put my Jeep. it practically does that now.
I'd just rather drive something other than what the teenie bopper girl down the street drives.
I've been told I'm actually a very easy going nice guy, so I don't care -my wife loves me, I guess I'l just have to 'wheel with her (and other friendly people, like greg, nano and zombie -thanks).

why are you trying to justify what you drive to us? We don't care--you're the only person around here that thinks there is an issue with your rig.

If you're really that upset and feel so wrong, who specifically was rude to you? What specifically happened that made your Amigo feel so lambasted?

I mean, I'm rude to you now but only because thats who I am and I think it's short sighted of you to think that anyone around here would have excluded you because you drive an isuzu.

I think you should just get over what you drive and go wheelin.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
I'd just rather drive something other than what the teenie bopper girl down the street drives.
I've been told I'm actually a very easy going nice guy, so I don't care -my wife loves me, I guess I'l just have to 'wheel with her (and other friendly people, like greg, nano and zombie -thanks).

Dude, wheel with whomever you want, I don't think many of us here care what you do.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'd like to know what RME trail run this was that you had a bad time on.....

Considering there have been very few "RME Runs" in the past few years to begin with.

It was probably an independent run organized on the RME forum w/ a few RME members. :p

notajeep

Just me
Living in Moab, I have had alot chances to wheel with alot of people in alot of different rigs. Some people I knew off here (RME) and others I just ran into at the gas station or at my store. In fact I usually drove my rig to the store and park it out front in the hopes that some one would reconize it and invite me wheeling with them. I wheeled with people from cali, colorado, utah, kentucky, ohio.
My point is. People who enjoy wheeling are mostly the same. Sure we all drive different rigs, and we all give each other a hard time about each others rigs. It's all in fun.
Let's wheel.
Dan

Meat_

Banned
White one? With a 'SPLAT' sticker on the pillar? (nevermind, that'd be a VehiCross)

I'm thinking it might have been this guy actually. The guy I talked to asked me if this was the club run, I said no, that is the utah4x4club run over there..... then he mentioned something about RME and I said that this was kindof an RME run but not really... it's the Summit Machine trail run. Dude asked me if he could do the trail in his rig and I told him he could probably make it. Then I smiled and nodded at him and returned to talking to my friends..... you know the friends I was talking to when he pulled up and I took the time to answer a strangers questions. I'm such an asshole.

JoeT

Not sure what your problem is. My dad brought a Dodge Raider to a RME run. Nobody was rude to him about it. When went as far the it could, pulled over and hopped into another rig. Now you've stirred the pot on this, please tell us which "RME" run it was. I personally like hitting the trails with a mix of different rigs even overheating underpowered ZJ's.:greg::D

Drew_XJ

Jeep is a 4 letter word
Not sure what your problem is. My dad brought a Dodge Raider to a RME run. Nobody was rude to him about it. When went as far the it could, pulled over and hopped into another rig. Now you've stirred the pot on this, please tell us which "RME" run it was. I personally like hitting the trails with a mix of different rigs even overheating underpowered ZJ's.:greg::D

Now Joe leave poor Cody alone hes already worked up enough lol:D

Status
Not open for further replies.