Are the Quarterly Trainings still a thing?

sixstringsteve

Dutchman flat will fit them no problem. We don't want 60 rigs showing up, so I propose we cap it at 20 ish rigs. I doubt we will have an issue with too many rigs though. I'd be more worried about the instructor out numbering the participants.

HamRover

Level 1 dirt flinger
New to the forum here, and highly interested in an AF Canyon class in Sept or October - will bring one friend. All topics listed are of interest, with emphasis on the recovery course, crawling and spotting techniques. Just say the word.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Id be interested in another RME Training Day and I could also conjure up a few attendees as well.

I can cover either or both of these topics:

1. instructor to teach basics/intro to modifying your vehicle
  2. instructor to teach basic rock crawling/spotting techniques

I'm game for any place kinda close to SLC and can park a trailer. I def like the west dessert terrain and I would say its easy to get 20+ rigs at a few of my favorite places out at Snakes.

Just like this:
IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

Last edited:

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
I took it upon myself (and Bush Eater Offroad) to contact the SLC BLM office and initiate some permits for continuing the "Training Days" if one wanted it to be on BLM land... Soonest would be Sept/Oct 2014 time frame and they would be open to doing a quarterly permit for 2015 (particular months would be identified then specific days outlined as the event get's closer).

They were very pleased to hear that in the previous versions of these types of events there were examples of tread lightly classes, trails cleanups/maintenance, and seminars on safe and legitimate OHV use.

Well see where this initially gets us and hopefully it will materialize into something supported by both the the local BLM officials and Offroad Attendees. Limited to 30-50 people so thats not too bad.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
One time we did it at the MMP Offroad Park. Was there a reason we didn't continue to use their facilities? Is it because we had to pay? I remember we all paid a small fee to attend but we had a classroom and the park available. I do believe that was insured too if I recall.

sixstringsteve

when we did it at MMP, they were doing us a huge favor. We can continue to use their facilities if our schedule works with theirs. They're pretty busy, and John's got a lot going on. He was always awesome to help out. The fees went toward their insurance for the event.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Cool, I was just throwing that out there. I won't pretend to know what all went on behind doors into organizing the MMP training. But that was a cool one for the hands on experience.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
What's the cost? I assume that covers insurance?

I went over the criteria with the BLM rep earlier today and she still need's to present the details to her boss's before I say too much.

I'll release details when I get it all figured out and approved, but right now I have it all lined up to be a free event limited to 30-50 people.

sixstringsteve

Cool, I was just throwing that out there. I won't pretend to know what all went on behind doors into organizing the MMP training. But that was a cool one for the hands on experience.

no doubt, the ones held at MMP were cool. Back then we had 5-8 people planning these, so we could spread the load a bit better.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
One time we did it at the MMP Offroad Park. Was there a reason we didn't continue to use their facilities? Is it because we had to pay? I remember we all paid a small fee to attend but we had a classroom and the park available. I do believe that was insured too if I recall.

I agree, Miller Motorsports Park is also a super cool place to utilize as well. I did a piggyback event out at the miller rock crawling course for one of the "Offroad Racing Series" events last year... John helped me out and I'm sure he was grateful for the extra attendance at the races. Its a really nice place with bathrooms and showers and the traction is amazing on the crawling course!!!

I've been thinking of helping out some local promoters by doing the same type of thing for the remaining two races (Aug 29/30 & Sep 26/27), not really a "training day" kinda event, but rather a support your local racers event with recreational wheeling at a place that really supports our sport... Maybe if we had some band's come play it would kinda be like a concert campout too (hmmm too much information... or is it??? hahaha)!!!

http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?101393-2014-Lucas-Oil-Regional-Utah/page3&highlight=lucas+Oil

http://www.lucasoiloffroad.com/

Last edited: