Are the Quarterly Trainings still a thing?

crawler dude12

I can do Friday after school for me. And Saturday almost any Saturday... the Saturday of the 27th is my birthday and can convince my parents to let me go wheeling

Last edited:

McFate

Just had some plans change, so I can be there for something the weekend of the 27th, and could likely bring a friend along. Tying it in with the NLPD stuff seems like a great idea to me.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Thanks for the input, guys, good to know there's folks still interested in these events because I really enjoyed the couple I've been to. You guys that originally planned the QTDs, feel free to take the reigns here anytime if you want, I'm not intending to step on any toes.

I'll need teachers/presenters too to go with all the teachees. Friday afternoon/evening and Sunday morning are available (Saturday will be NPLD projects). I'll do a Recovery Gear 101 which will fill about half an hour whenever. Jinxspot, you want a chunk of time Sunday morning? Anybody else who wants to present a topic, feel free to speak up. It could be a class format on anything tangetially related to wheeling, it could be a detailed trip report, it could be a round table style discussion of something that interests you, whatever. Early Sunday afternoon we'll do a semi-guided trail run or two, depending on who's left hanging around.

Last edited:

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Yep Sunday would be good with me.

I can cover either or both of these topics:

1. instructor to teach basics/intro to modifying your vehicle
  2. instructor to teach basic rock crawling/spotting techniques

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I'll need teachers/presenters too to go with all the teachees.

Friday night is probably best for me; Saturday would be very difficult due to work.

I once told Steve I was willing to teach a class on locking differentials--I suppose I could make you the same offer. ;)

Kevin B.

Friday night is probably best for me; Saturday would be very difficult due to work.

I once told Steve I was willing to teach a class on locking differentials--I suppose I could make you the same offer. ;)

I'll take it. Lemme make sure I can cram you in Friday night before I hold you to it though.

Kevin B.

Or leave your wife and bring your folks. :D

Is there going to be any wheeling Saturday after the service project?

Iffy but possible. You're welcome to do whatever of course, but if past years are any guide, probably not.

If there's enough folks interested, there will definitely be semi-guided wheeling on Sunday.