BIG buggy build - 4 seat - build with pics

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
A few pics. :D

Had to modify my LS1 intake to accept the truck fuel injectors.
Apparently the truck injectors have a slightly larger "snout" diameter.
You can see that the LS1 manifolds injector ports have a bit of a restriction in the bottom.

I did what any redneck would do and drilled em out with a 1/2" unibit.. :D

Before pics

Attachments

• IMG_3491.jpg
    IMG_3491.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3489.jpg
    IMG_3489.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 7

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Some driveline deconstruction.

- stock deuce driveshaft

- cut through weld

- popped yokes out of old driveshaft tube. :greg:

Attachments

• IMG_3409.jpg
    IMG_3409.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3410.jpg
    IMG_3410.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3413.jpg
    IMG_3413.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 10

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I should have taken more pics of the reassembly, but didn't. Essentially, I just bought some driveline tube from six states and had them trim it to the proper length.

I then used some pieces of square tube as a guide and clamped everything together within them. I tack welded the yokes to the tube, installed it in the rig and checked runout with a dial indicator.

Finish welded and then checked runout again. They're slightly out, but not bad. .015 or so.

I figured that with 44" swampers, balancing the driveshaft would be a moot point. :rofl:

Here's a poor "after" pic, showing the front driveline installed.

Attachments

• IMG_3494.JPG
    IMG_3494.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 32

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Here's the rear.

Coilover mounts and coilovers installed.
You can see how the rear winch is situated too.

Attachments

• IMG_3499.JPG
    IMG_3499.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 62

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Do you have the truck intake to go with the injectors? Reason being, they flow a lot better than the LS1 intakes...Much like the LS6, but torque comes in sooner because of the longer runners.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Do you have the truck intake to go with the injectors? Reason being, they flow a lot better than the LS1 intakes...Much like the LS6, but torque comes in sooner because of the longer runners.

I do, but swapped it knowing I'd lose a little performance in exchance for the gain in real estate. The truck manifold is HUGE. If by chance I can manage enough room under the hood I'll swap back to the truck manifold. I highly doubt that will be the case though.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I do, but swapped it knowing I'd lose a little performance in exchance for the gain in real estate. The truck manifold is HUGE. If by chance I can manage enough room under the hood I'll swap back to the truck manifold. I highly doubt that will be the case though.

It is.. .And ugly too...:-\

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
That's my hopes, too :D But I think I'll put a FAST on instead... I can get them pretty cheap and there's no reason to do it twice. Unless that LS6 comes along REAL cheap.. :D

The FAST intake is still out of my price range. :-\
Have you checked into these aluminum manifolds Wayne?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS1-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I've found LS6 manifolds for about ~500 to ~550 online.

I'm thinking VERY hard about upgrading the cam on this engine. I'd love to crack 400 hp. :cool:
I may have to swap the intake in addition to get to that goal.

Last edited:

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Spent the afternoon working with Magerdgr.
After chasing down a few minor fuel leaks...
It lives. :greg:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MXZWNnLXveY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MXZWNnLXveY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: