BIG buggy build - 4 seat - build with pics

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Nice!!! I bet that was exciting! So what's next?

Thanks Greg
It was cool to pass that "milestone" for sure. :D
I was amazed at how easily it started up. What you saw in that video clip was honestly the first attempt to start it.

Next I think I'll start on the floors / firewall. I still have a long way to go regarding the steering too.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
It's been a while since I posted any updates.

Here's how the buggy looks now.
Some of the skins are on it.

I'm not sold on the "rip saw" rim protector. It's lightly tacked, so I still have the option to 86' it.

pay no attention to the masking tape holding the skins on... :-\

Attachments

• IMG_4199s.jpg
    IMG_4199s.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 113

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Footwell with F & R brake peddles, drive by wire peddle, TAC module mounted and ECM mounted.

pay no attention to the "custom" brake peddle reinforcement made of welding wire :-\

Attachments

• IMG_4201s.jpg
    IMG_4201s.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 75

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Front steering ram is mounted (behind the axle) and tie rods are in. :)

It clears the lower links when articulated.... barely... :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_4203s.jpg
    IMG_4203s.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 61

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Looking good! Isn't it amazing that even in a BIG buggy build, space still gets tight for stuff? :confused:

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Last pic for now.

I decided to bend up some sliders, and dimple some "treads" for it so I could actually get in and out of the thing.

pay no attention to the pile of miscellaneous hardware on the floor :-\

Attachments

• IMG_4205s.jpg
    IMG_4205s.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 84

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
Awesome! You do great work!

One suggestion, I think your button panel there is supposed to be on the steering wheel, speed. :p

Attachments

• IMG_4200.jpg
    IMG_4200.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 101

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
uhhh WOW man!

Youve been busy! Its looking sweet. The dash is awesome.

Wont be to much longer till I see this thing on a trail

Thanks Cheston.

I can't wait to hit the trails. Hopefully I can hook up with you, the Hair bro's, and any other members of the "rockwell cult" for a "2 1/2 tons of fun run". :D

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Nice work!The only thing I don't like is the intake filter right in your face.That is going to be annoying.

Correction....
The intake will be in the passengers face. :rofl:

I do agree that it'll have some drawbacks, but the intake flip alleviated a packaging problem up front.

It'll also make it uber easy to install a snorkel, should TTC become a reality. :greg:

Chevycrew

I didnt know the intake flip was possible, what all did it take? I have a buddy running a 6.0L for mud racing and this may be a big help to him.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I didnt know the intake flip was possible, what all did it take? I have a buddy running a 6.0L for mud racing and this may be a big help to him.

Kiel's buggy build thread has some detailed info if you want to check it out, but it wasn't bad. He and I are both running LS1 intakes, but it should be even easier if your friend uses the truck manifold. The bolt pattern is symetrical, so actually rotating the intake is easy.

Really, the hardest part was coming up with a way to mount the truck injectors in the car manifold. Earlier in this thread I posted pics showing how I enlarged a portion of the injector bore, but I think this could be avoided by removing the plasic "nose" from the truck injectors. I had to fab up some brackets so that truck fuel rails would bolt to the LS1 intake (the truck injectors won't fit in the car fuel rails). The brackets are pretty simple, but If you'd like pics let me know.

I still have to extend the MAP sensor wiring.

My engine is drive by wire, so I didn't have to revamp anything with the throttle cable.