Bucking Buggy Attempt #1

Bart

I hope I'm at a point where I can join you that first weekend in November, but you're looking waaaaay ahead of me. Nice, very nice.

Bucking Bronco

I think the only things I have left is make the skins, build a shifter cover and put on my shifter boot, install the trans cooler, and put a new seal in the front axle

Attachments

• buggy1 10-23.jpg
    buggy1 10-23.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 82
  • buggy2 10-23.jpg
    buggy2 10-23.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 56
  • buggy 10-23.jpg
    buggy 10-23.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_1859.jpg
    100_1859.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 15

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I never noticed it before (guess I didn't look closely enough), but it looks like where the rear shocks mount to the chassis, it's just in the middle of that span of tube, yes? That'll bend upward on a hard hit, so a strategic gusset might save you extra work later on. Just a simple single-tube vertically, so it'll have to bend both the upper and lower tubes would probably suffice, but naturally triangles are more bester.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I never noticed it before (guess I didn't look closely enough), but it looks like where the rear shocks mount to the chassis, it's just in the middle of that span of tube, yes? That'll bend upward on a hard hit, so a strategic gusset might save you extra work later on. Just a simple single-tube vertically, so it'll have to bend both the upper and lower tubes would probably suffice, but naturally triangles are more bester.

Ya think two going diagonally, DOWN would work as well? It would look a lot better. ??

Bucking Bronco

:-\ More work

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Ya think two going diagonally, DOWN would work as well? It would look a lot better. ??

Yes, absolutely. I was just giving the easiest option as well. Diagonals would make triangles, which are more better. ;)

:-\ More work

Yes, absolutely. :greg: I'm saving you work in the long run though, believe me. It's a pain to try and straighten that tube with a porta power once it's bent/stretched, then keep pressure on it while you install the bracing I'm talking about.

Bart

Yes, absolutely. I was just giving the easiest option as well. Diagonals would make triangles, which are more better. ;)

Yes, absolutely. :greg: I'm saving you work in the long run though, believe me. It's a pain to try and straighten that tube with a porta power once it's bent/stretched, then keep pressure on it while you install the bracing I'm talking about.

So true, so true. Straightened tubing is actually never straight.

Bucking Bronco

Yes, absolutely. :greg: I'm saving you work in the long run though, believe me. .

Oh trust me I believe you and it will get fixed. I think I need to load this on a trailer and have someone look it over just so there aren’t any other things like that, that would be easy to fix before I bend or break something.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Oh trust me I believe you and it will get fixed. I think I need to load this on a trailer and have someone look it over just so there aren’t any other things like that, that would be easy to fix before I bend or break something.

Bring it on. :)

notajeep

Just me
Congrats man. I know that when mine was close to being done, I couldn't wait to drive it. I was crusing the cul-de-sac- with a "hand throttle", no breaks, and no seat. :greg: