Bucking Buggy Attempt #1

kowe69

wannabe
Ummm...Pretty good that it will start and run. There may be some "bugs" you may need to work out. For example some of the pins for a particular circuit in the harness may not match up with pins in the PCM. If this happens it will immediately set a DTC for the affected circuit. A good wiring diagram will tell you the pins and circuits that should go together. You will need one for the year and model of the wire harness and one for the year and model of the PCM to be safe. You could then remove the pins from the wiring connector and place them in the appropriate location for the PCM. It can be a real PITA if you have to do it but it can be done. I had to do it with my Chevy engine swap but it works just like it's supposed to.

Bart

Sorry to hear about the problems, and my info won't help much. My motor was an 89 converted to a mass air system. Bored 30 over with GT40 alum heads and a cam. The EMC was from Ford Racing and the wiring harness was Painless. I did not have the PATS system, and that is one (BIG) reason I went with GM this time around. Jim's Performance can take all that BS out of the harness and PCM on the GM motors.

Bucking Bronco

:tara:ALL is wonderful in the world of steve:tara:

I got a PCM wiring diagram for a 1997 and a 1998 from a guy on explorer forum and I picked up a PCM from A1 auto part for $35.00 and I am runnign again with no PATS

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
:tara:ALL is wonderful in the world of steve:tara:

I got a PCM wiring diagram for a 1997 and a 1998 from a guy on explorer forum and I picked up a PCM from A1 auto part for $35.00 and I am runnign again with no PATS

Good work, I understand how frustrating this stuff can be. Take a breather, hell take a month off if needed then get back after it after you've rested. You'll be very happy the first time you wheel it!

Jeep80CJ7

Hey, bucking bronco. I'm the guy you met today at metal super market. That buggy is bad ass. Can't wait to see it completed.

Bucking Bronco

Thanks to everyone for the advise and the compliments.

best of all I got new parts today and its running

Attachments

• 100_1746.jpg
    100_1746.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 17

jsudar

I worked at a Ford dealer for a long time. PATS is very frustrating sometimes, even when you have all the right tools.

Glad you got her running.

Bucking Bronco

I know rockmonkey warned me but I still feel like I am taking steps backwards.

Attachments

• 100_1834.jpg
    100_1834.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_1835.jpg
    100_1835.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_1836.jpg
    100_1836.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 33

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I don't see any body panel tabs. Don't forget to weld those on before paint! Don't worry, they go back together fast. :)

Bucking Bronco

Sure is. I'll trade you an M715 on Rockwells, 2 big blocks and a bunch of parts for your lame unfinished POS.

No?

:rofl:

I will have to take my lame pos out at least once and break it then maybe be interested:D

EDIT: never mind I am sure if you have 2 big blocks they are chevy's ford guys dont need a spare:rofl:

Last edited:

Caleb

Is it bad that I am not even done with this and I am already wanting to build something different
I went through the same feelings. I finished it (not quite 100%), used it for a few months and then sold it. Looking back, I would likely keep it. :) I'll build something else someday, but in the meantime it would be nice to have something.

It's looking good. Tearing back apart is always frustrating, like Braden said, it goes back together rather quickly. :cool:

Bucking Bronco

I am sobering up from painting and I could have sworn I posted this already

I am dissapointed in the color it was supposed to be much darker. Instead I got army green which is not to bad (I guess)

Thanks rockmonkey I never would have remembered the tabs

Attachments

• 100_18381.jpg
    100_18381.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 58