Bucking Buggy Attempt #1

Bucking Bronco

I was doing a little garage wheelin and cycling my steering when one of the links detached itself and caused the axle to roll and there went the shock. Luckily I was able to clean up the threads and it went back in. but there is still a slight bend in the end of the shaft where the threads are but it should not affect the shock. (Hopefully)

You would think I would have learned and not tried to drive it with the links only tacked in place but I could not resist.

I put it all back together and was able to do this.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dav4QgKkf1w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dav4QgKkf1w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iGHmV2h7UiU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iGHmV2h7UiU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin

I was doing a little garage wheelin and cycling my steering when one of the links detached itself and caused the axle to roll and there went the shock. Luckily I was able to clean up the threads and it went back in. but there is still a slight bend in the end of the shaft where the threads are but it should not affect the shock. (Hopefully)

You would think I would have learned and not tried to drive it with the links only tacked in place but I could not resist.

I put it all back together and was able to do this.

Nothing like garage carnage! Good going! :hickey:

That's cool that it moves (and stops) under it's own power, that's a huge step and means you're getting there. Congrats man, that had to be exciting.

jsudar

I would say wife trouble, if I had to guess. It's killed a more than a few of my projects.

Are those bars on your garage window?
Are they to keep things in or out?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
If you're serious about selling, let Cody know. It'll kill him since he's probably not ready to buy, but he does need one.

Bucking Bronco

Damn Pats system ford uses locked up. I thought I had it all figured out. I got all the electrical finished up and running good and then all of a sudden it decides it does not want to recognize the module so after messing with it for 4 hours with no luck It found itself thrown across the room then crushed under foot then thrown in the trash.

If you’re not familiar with PATS it is the anti theft and cannot be by-passed you have to have a key to start it. The only person I have found who says he can disable it says I have to buy a 350.00 programmer and an 80.00 tune and he then tells me he cannot guarantee me that it will work.

OH and the bars are to keep my tools in and people out

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Wow.

Bart's single-seater used an HO 5.0, with no key....but IIRC he bought a new computer as well as the wiring harness from Ford Motorsports. (or something similar)

Bart? Details if you remember them?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I am using the newer motor it uses a different computer the the older ones the pats system came about in 1997

Now I'm interested to find out what year Bart's was. Certainly could have been older than '97....

BART!?!?!

Wish I knew of some shadetree Ford guru to send you to. :(

Bucking Bronco

:D I had the key (BROKEN)
:D I had the Module (BROKEN)
:D I Had the transponder (BROKEN)

I am trying to figure out if the 1997 had the anti theft from what I understand is they do not and if I can find one with the gt-40P heads and no anti theft I might be able to use the ECM from that

I found a bunch on car-part.com but I hate to buy something just to find out it wont work

kowe69

wannabe
:D I had the key (BROKEN)
:D I had the Module (BROKEN)
:D I Had the transponder (BROKEN)

I am trying to figure out if the 1997 had the anti theft from what I understand is they do not and if I can find one with the gt-40P heads and no anti theft I might be able to use the ECM from that

I found a bunch on car-part.com but I hate to buy something just to find out it wont work

What year was your PCM from again? 1996-1997 Explorers did not have PATS. The 1997.5 had the GT40P heads. I would try to find the PCM and engine wire harness from a late 1997 and you should be good. Here is a link to a site for swapping Explorer 5.0s into Rangers. But is still has some useful information.