Build Thread: Sixstringsteve's 2002 Tacoma double cab: Carlos

mesha

By endurance we conquer
The only way to tell if it is sealed up is to fill it with water or float it in the water.

sixstringsteve

:D

nice work, do you have to cut the carpet to lay backdown.

Yes sir. We didn't remove the carpet, we just folded it back about a foot or so. It'll flop right in to place. I'm going to have a heck of a time getting the herculiner to dry in this climate tomorrow...

sixstringsteve

I can't remember. I just go to lowes and get a sheet that's about 12x24". It's pretty thin, but when it's all boxed in it gets tough.

sixstringsteve

Indeed. It's around the same thickness as the stock sheetmetal. When I'd burn through, it was always the toyota sheet metal that burned before the panel I put in.

sixstringsteve

I applied the Herculiner tonight. This stuff gets EVERYWHERE, and it stains your skin for a week or so. At these super low temps (31*) I hope it's able to dry ok. I never enjoy this step, I'm glad it's behind me. Make sure you don't get any on your Hootus: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18595

IMG_1896.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1899.JPG

IMG_1900.JPG

IMG_1902.JPG

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Getting closer! Looks good, just hope I'll have something to follow you around in, when the 4runner sells