Build Thread: Sixstringsteve's 2002 Tacoma double cab: Carlos

sixstringsteve

Many thanks to Brett for these great pictures he took this weekend. It's probably pretty vain of me to post so many pics of my rig. I'm just excited with how it turned out it is all.

DSCN1329.jpg

DSCN1322.jpg

DSCN1325.jpg

DSCN1326.jpg

DSCN1327.jpg

DSCN1328.jpg

DSCN1330.jpg

DSCN1331.jpg

STAG

Wow. I hope you keep this truck as long as you say you plan too. And that's a lot of gear, Carlos definitely wins over Clara.

sixstringsteve

It's such a great rig, I love it. It did so well this weekend. I still need to trim the fenders in the back, but it was a champ. It did 85+ on the freeway and did really well offroad too. I didn't notice the weight of the RTT up there. I think it sits low enough that it doesn't affect COG too much.

Yeah, we had 4 people and their gear this weekend. We definitely over-packed, but we had plenty of room. Thank you for all of your work this weekend, I never would have come close to finishing it without your help. And thanks for posting the pics and updates. I really owe ya one.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
These double cabs sure are good looking when they are setup right, looks just as good in person. Looking forward to seeing it work on HITR

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
The truck looks amazing Steve, hopefully you're happy with it for a long time! Looking forward to seeing it out on the trail one of these days.

sixstringsteve

Thanks. I cab already tell this rig is just what I need. I'll miss the agility of Abner bit its sure nice to be able to fit 5 people inside.

SRC

Rolling stock.
Just finished reading through the thread, it took a couple of different sittings, but I am all caught up. Great build! Simple perfection and well thought out. It is also great to see so many friends lending a hand or giving great advice. This vehicle is a great example of exprience, wisdom. If only everyones builds could go so smooth.

sixstringsteve

So any mpg for the trip?

I just have a rough guess of 17. My buddy used .2 gal less than me and he got 18mpg. 4.88s would probably yield better MPG bit.unlike the power of the 5.29s. I'm sure the rtt doesn't help my fuel economy at all.

sixstringsteve

Just finished reading through the thread, it took a couple of different sittings, but I am all caught up. Great build! Simple perfection and well thought out. It is also great to see so many friends lending a hand or giving great advice. This vehicle is a great example of exprience, wisdom. If only everyones builds could go so smooth.

Thanks, you're too kind. There is no doubt this build worked out so well because of my amazing friends. I count myself lucky to have so many people willing to help.

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
Nice job Steve, FWIW, we averaged 15.6mpg.

This was from our doorstep, a bunch of bangerter highway, in town errands, 80mph on I80, dirt roads and LOTS of idiling. A total of 450 miles. I was pretty impressed.

Cascadia

Undecided
Pretty sure they are still off cause he needs to do a little more trimming. That's my guess though. Steve likes to be as legal as possible.