Build Thread: Sixstringsteve's 2002 Tacoma double cab: Carlos

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Looks great Steve! Perhaps one day when the right one comes along at the right price I will own one as well lol

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I just picked up rent from a tenant and the neighbor has a DC taco.. And for the first time ever I enjoyed the way it looked. I think your truck has opened my eyes a little.

sixstringsteve

Thanks, its turned out just the way i had hoped. Yeah, the mileage is a bummer but it runs strong.and i couldnt afford a lower mileage one. I figure everything important except for the engine and tranny have been replaced so it should give me lots more miles.

Last edited:

blznnp

You know what would look good on their, a nice plate bumper.... course you already know that. I spent maybe $75 or less on my front bumper I just made, some steel I had to buy new and some I got from the remnant bay at Triple S steel
WP_000645-1.jpg

B2-Bomber

how is that rig coming along brett? that pic looks like it was taken in a different place than it was parked when i came and got those leaf springs from you.

and btw how did the dodge leaves work out for you?

blznnp

how is that rig coming along brett? that pic looks like it was taken in a different place than it was parked when i came and got those leaf springs from you.

and btw how did the dodge leaves work out for you?
moved it to the driveway to work on it, the springs worked how I wanted moving the axle, just need to go test the flex on them to make sure they work right since they have a different style spring eye compared to every other spring I have seen, some inverse type I guess. getting ready to attempt to make it road legal. couple lights, fender flares, move propane tank, and a couple wire issues, hopefully it works out.

B2-Bomber

i'm sure that this has been covered, but why specifically RTT? it seems like it is a lot of trouble, and space consuming in the back of the truck. just to have a tent that could just as easily be set up on the ground

not knocking it, just curious. i am a tent camper, always have been. not an RV kind of guy either.