Build Thread: Sixstringsteve's 2002 Tacoma double cab: Carlos

sixstringsteve

Carlos isn't for sale. It'd take about $25k for me to want to sell it. And even then I'm not sure I would. I know its not worth $25k, but there's no other rig I would rather have. I suppose of I sold it I would build a 2nd gen double cab exactly like it, but Im kind of tired of building rigs.

sixstringsteve

And i got the winch control box all mounted up tonight and wired. The winch works now. Do you guys have a fuse for your winch power lead?

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Carlos isn't for sale. It'd take about $25k for me to want to sell it. And even then I'm not sure I would. I know its not worth $25k, but there's no other rig I would rather have. I suppose of I sold it I would build a 2nd gen double cab exactly like it, but Im kind of tired of building rigs.

Good...I think everyone else is tired of you building rigs too:D

STAG

And i got the winch control box all mounted up tonight and wired. The winch works now. Do you guys have a fuse for your winch power lead?

I would. I'd find out the amperage draw and definitely put in the right fuse.

Where did you end up puttin the box?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'd have to check tomorrow morning when I'm back in the shop. I usually keep a couple around, otherwise you can usually get them at Six States (Warn branded) or forklift supply places.

sixstringsteve

Perfect. I don't want to depelete you, I can go to Six States. Although I do need to swing by and get a compressor and have you plumb and wire my locker for me soon...

STAG

Cal Ranch has ones like those too, not sure if they are the same brand or not, but definitely similiar.

sixstringsteve

Many thanks to 193 Kyle, he has been helping me get a few last items buttoned up this past week. I now have the arb compressor and front locker plumbed, wired, and working. ARB could not have made the setup any easier. There are an infinite amount of configurations to make it fit where you need it, and EVERYTHING you could possibly needfor the install is included. The instructions are actually clear and well written. I'm very impressed.

This is the first rig that's had selectable front and rear lockers working at the same time. :)

Hopefully I'll have time to make some brackets to hang my skid plate from. Its made me nervous to wheel it with my diff and radiator hanging our there exposed.

We also added the washer bottle from gravesdigger's old 85 4runner. It fits in front of the air box perfectly. No more apple sauce bottle for washed fluid.

The only things left to do after that are very small and not very important. I will add rock lights soon, then some bed lights, box in the front recovery points, and then it should be done.

I'll try to remember to snap some pics of the updates tomorrow.

Last edited:

Coco

I'll need to some check out your washer bottle. I pulled my stock one because my factory one rubbed my tire. I got a tank from that gen 4runner, so I will need to come check out your setup :)

sixstringsteve

I removed my stock one for the same reason. They hang down really low, and get in the way of big tires. Plus they're hanging low for rocks to grab. I'll try to remember to take a pic. Feel free to swing by anytime, I'd be happy to show you.

This is the bottle I used:

washer bottle.JPG