Build Thread: Sixstringsteve's 2002 Tacoma double cab: Carlos

Cascadia

Undecided
It's got a lot done to it. A lot. I didn't even get under the hood and it had tons of mods underneath the truck. Axles, trans cooler, ok lift, very clean (looked brand new) frame. Tons more I can remember. It was months ago. The tailgate alone is worth 10k. ;)

Rock Taco

It's got a lot done to it. A lot. I didn't even get under the hood and it had tons of mods underneath the truck. Axles, trans cooler, ok lift, very clean (looked brand new) frame. Tons more I can remember. It was months ago. The tailgate alone is worth 10k. ;)

I guess some appreciate old wood more than I. :D

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
That's just crazy talk! It is pretty clean and I don't know anything about that truck but I wouldn't value that at anymore than 5k.

Agreed, it's still an early 80's Toyota PU no matter what's under the hood. Factory = reliability, reliability is everything when heading out into the desert/mountains.

sixstringsteve

Stock trucks that clean are going for $8-15k. Its more of a nostalgic thing than capability. I would rather have on of these than a 65 mustang.

That being said, they're really tough to find clean, and I doubt I'd find one I love.

I shouldn't say I'd trade my truck straight across for that one, but I'd sell mine to be able to afford that.

Last edited:

GAR

Steve, I'll trade you straight across. Mine has a TDI instead of a 3rz though ;). If it sat 4 people it would be my truck for life

sixstringsteve

I just wanted to thank you guys for helping me get passt that week where I thought I wanted to sell it. I'm so glad I didn't, this is an incredible truck.

sixstringsteve

Me too, I love this rig. I think a low mileage 2nd gen taco could work for my needs, but to build it to this level, I'd be sitting at $30k minimum. Plus they're big and luxurious. I don't know why, but I don't like my rigs to be too luxurious inside. I still want it to feel like a truck, not a limo.