Build Thread: Sixstringsteve's 2002 Tacoma double cab: Carlos

sixstringsteve

I can't report on my tires' snow or ice performance, but sniping them has made my tires as loud as studded boggers. They're at least 3 times louder than regular km2s. Pretty interesting that it makes such a difference.

STAG

I can't report on my tires' snow or ice performance, but sniping them has made my tires as loud as studded boggers. They're at least 3 times louder than regular km2s. Pretty interesting that it makes such a difference.

That sucks but is surprising at the same time. My A/T II's are D rated and 2 ply sidewall

skippy

Pretend Fabricator

Siping also makes tires chunk like crazy on the rocks. I am not a fan of siping at all

sixstringsteve

I hit a new milestone today. I re-registered the truck. I have never re-registered a 4x4 before (and only one or two cars in my life). That's a good sign.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I hit a new milestone today. I re-registered the truck. I have never re-registered a 4x4 before (and only one or two cars in my life). That's a good sign.

For real? That is crazy, congrats! :D

On the flip side, I don't know that I've ever sold a rig that has been registered less than one year.

sixstringsteve

I think the ADD keeps me trying new hobbies every few months, and I imagine the perfect vehicle to compliment that hobby. For all the hobbies I have, this rig is a great compromise for all of them.

sixstringsteve

I definitely agree. If I had to pick between this and a clean 1st gen built the way I want, I'd pick the 1st gen. I love those.

Westernhunter

I always siped my KM 1 s and never had anything but good luck with them. Never louder always more traction. The chunking never bothered me. Mostly small chunks and I hardly ever use tires to the max life before I replace them. They are tires, not Air Jordan's. I really only want good traction and relatively quiet tire. Too bad siping made yours so loud. Defiantly a deal breaker for me.

STAG

There is a reddish-maroon 1st gen that looks a lot like Angelo for sale in Santaquin that I have been meaning to stop and get pictures of everytime I drive by it for a while now.

sixstringsteve

so how do you like your tires now? have you tried them out in any kind of wet stuff

Not really. They're definitely better, but there's not a whole lot of snow and ice to try them out on. In parking lots I've noticed a bit more traction in icy parking spots but that hardly counts as testing.