Constrictor Clean Up

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
i have a little info on signs. i got hold of UCI (Utah Correctional Industries) or the prison sign shop which ever you prefer. depending on what we want them to say and how detailed we want them, ie.. colors and graphics, we could get the signs for as little as $100.00:eek: i agree with greg that the "this is not the trail" signs wont do any good with out the fences. but this is what i was thinking the signs should read.

let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions on the signs.

i am still curious to know if we need blm approval to post more signs.

Attachments

• CON TRAILHEAD1.jpg
    CON TRAILHEAD1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 17
  • NOT THE TRAIL.jpg
    NOT THE TRAIL.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 8
  • TURN BACK1.jpg
    TURN BACK1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 7

Badger

I am the Brute squad
this is more along the lines of what i was thinking for a trail sign.it could be placed on the right bank of the bypass right behind the fence and in the way.....big time

trailsign.jpg

Last edited:

hammerhead

Junkyard Dog
Badger, that sign looks very official. If I saw that sign it would carry alot more weight with me than the ones previously posted. (No offense intended EKSJAE).

Jeremy

thats why i posted what i did. to get an idea of what everybody thought. i was thinking simpler message, larger print. people see too much small print and they wont stop to read it. i dont think we should put any sponsors etc.. on the sign, what happens if they dont want to help with future projects, we cant just remove the names and add new ones.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
EKSJAE said:
i was thinking simpler message, larger print. people see too much small print and they wont stop to read it, we cant just remove the names and add new ones.

i hear ya its kind of a novel up there.as for the sponsors and club names.why couldn't they be changed.there is no reason why it couldn't be changed after each clean up or project.a scraper and some new vinyl decals

Jeremy

i think the process is a little more than sticking vinyl letters on a sign. i believe they paint the signs. UCI does a lot of the street signs and construction signs for the state of utah. most of those are painted/printed. they also do signs and such for the forest service, signs that are made to hold up in the worst conditions.

i dont necessarily care for the colors of the signs i posted, but didnt want to change them before i posted them. i like the color of the sign greg posted and think that is what we should use.

CrawlerCraig

I like the sign Badger has.. It will make blocking the bypass eaisier. (Size) It has all the information need on it. Looks clean and tells people who is incharge and which clubs help out. That way maybe the UN-informed people will look one of the clubs up and relise what goes into keeping trails open and the damage made by making bypasses.

JoeT

I think Badgers sign at the trailhead and the other red signs of EKSJAE are a good mix. FYI- I have a high clearance beater trailer that I'll let anyone use at ANY trail clean-up event. pics later

hammerhead

Junkyard Dog
The sponsor or club area on the bottom of the sign could be the only part done in vinyl so the main body of the message is permanent and durable. Alot of the official signs used by different orgs are of that reflective paint and man is that stuff tough. Sponsors done in vinyl would be easy to change or maintain in the future.

Jeremy

are we planning on having signs ready for the project on the 10th. or should we put this on a back burner and start talking about an official agenda for the clean up and reconstruction of the trails.

1. trash removal.
2. ?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Cleanup (as if it wouldn't be) is 100% greenlighted by the BLM... The future of the trail may determine the bypass and signage issue. Lets get the area cleaned up (take lots of pics) and work on the bypass and signage with the BLM. If everyone feels something needs to happen on the bypass ASAP (I think the damage is done???) then lets roll some big rocks in the way, we may have to do it a couple times, but it beats messing up things with the BLM*

*if you don't know why it would... search RME as I am too tired to type it again... ;)

Jeremy

i was just logging on to bring this thread back to life. thanks for doing it for me.

1. pick it up and haul it out

2. move some rocks across the bypasses(time and equipment permitting)

sounds like a good start. any other suggestions?