Extreme Scrambler Makeover

What should I get then, Black Rockcrawlers??? (just like everyone else?)

(ok, sometimes they look ok)

Post up some pics of the rims I oughta have (remember they gotta fit my 15" swampas). And to be honest, I was recently considering getting some black 15x10 8-luggers, but haven't looked for them yet, since it's fairly low on the priority list.

All hail the chrome spokers!!!

JeeperG

noah%20&%20green%20wheel_smaller_01.JPG

:rofl:

Honestly I say get it running first then worry about wheels last.

That's kind of where I'm at. Wheels are pretty low on the list. Bumper, top, cage, fancy wiring, PS hoses, brakes, other doodads, running, rear bumper & rack, exhaust, tunes, D60, etc. (more or less in that order)

I think my 38's have quite a few more trails left in them. When I do spring for new bling, I'm thinking 39" rubber on 17x10" black rims. Dunno what tires I want though cuz I really like the SX's...I was planning on getting some more 38" SX's in a 14.5 width, and maybe doing the 15x10's at that time.

When it's running, I have a feeling I'll be driving it alot...which means new tires sooner.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
You're gonna play hell getting that thing safety inspected the way it is. You sure you want to go even wider?? Not that I mind. The wider you are, the less Rocky Mountain pin striping I get. :D

Hey, tell russ I'd be happy to get that old red junker out of his hair so you have more working room. Just trying to be helpfull...... ;)

Bart

Looks great. Wish you weren't working so far away. I agree, get it running first, different wheels are down the road. Glad to see a battery sitting in there too. What's next to do? Want to be 3rd in line for the red car. : )

Looks great. Wish you weren't working so far away. I agree, get it running first, different wheels are down the road. Glad to see a battery sitting in there too. What's next to do? Want to be 3rd in line for the red car. : )

I think whoever has the 45 single "SS 396" gets the red car...and that would be me.

I guess Ft. Union is kind of far away...from the jeep anyway. (I'm not in Vernal anymore)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
!!!!!:eek: I might have a copy of that. I have a lot of Cyrkle stuff.

I think I'll have to dig through the records then, won't I? :D Keep my new car warm.

You're gonna play hell getting that thing safety inspected the way it is. You sure you want to go even wider?? Not that I mind. The wider you are, the less Rocky Mountain pin striping I get. :D

Hey, tell russ I'd be happy to get that old red junker out of his hair so you have more working room. Just trying to be helpfull...... ;)

Not wider...I'd like to get rims with less offset to pull the tires back under the fenders. With a 60 in the future, and high-steer knuckles, I'd think a 17x10 rim could have more backspacing. Isn't that what MarcB has on his?

More bumper pics...Nice work Russ!

Attachments

• FRII 001.jpg
    FRII 001.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 16
  • FRII 003.jpg
    FRII 003.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 30
  • FRII 004.jpg
    FRII 004.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Why a 10" wide rim? Going to a 9" wide or 8" wide immediately gets you 2-4" narrower than the same offset rims in a 10" wide size.

Just a thought. :)

For reference, I was around 82" wide outside-outside with a full-width GM D60 and 17x9 steel rims and 12.50 tires. Those rims were probably around 5.5" backspacing--dunno exactly, I put them as far in as I could and still clear the brakes.