Northern Utah Freeze Your Tail Off 4

sixstringsteve

I think everyone coming should bring at least one bundle of firewood, maybe two

Last year the fire did little more than provide light. I'm sure getting excites for this.

Last edited:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member

Last year the fire did little more than provide light. I'm sure getting excites for this.

I have half a bed worth the wood I plan on bringing, big fire = - 500 expo points I plan to be - 1000

SpeedyVic

My daughter and I are getting pretty excited. Her, because she's never done anything like this before. Me, because she is so excited!

How is the ground out there? Am I going to be able to beat some tent steaks into the ground? I'm not thinking that the XJ will be very very fun to sleep in for two.

On a side note, I got the lift installed on the XJ. Just waiting on the driveline to get lengthened. Everything should be a go by the time of the Solstice!

notajeep

Just me
My daughter and I are getting pretty excited. Her, because she's never done anything like this before. Me, because she is so excited!

How is the ground out there? Am I going to be able to beat some tent steaks into the ground? I'm not thinking that the XJ will be very very fun to sleep in for two.

On a side note, I got the lift installed on the XJ. Just waiting on the driveline to get lengthened. Everything should be a go by the time of the Solstice!

No problem pounding tent stakes into the ground out there.... it's all pretty soft stuff. At least right around the sun tunnels.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

Agreed. No more postage stamp sized fires! If everyone brings at least one bundle of wood, plus the several talking about bringing truck loads of fuel, we should be able to keep a couple fires going nicely!

It is good that you call me by my proper name. As the chosen expositor of the new age that's coming, I will look on you kindly, Stephen.

I would expect nothing less, my lord.

I have half a bed worth the wood I plan on bringing, big fire = - 500 expo points I plan to be - 1000

A large fire will garner you -500 expo points, but a truck bed full of wood garners +532 expo points. So you'll be positive 32 expo points! :thumbs up:

I'll pick up a whole bed full if I can still make it out there. I can now only make it if I won't need 4WD

You will not need 4WD. Worst case scenario there will be some mud you could get stuck in, but with the number of vehicles we have coming, you'll have nothing to worry about if you get stuck.

How is the ground out there? Am I going to be able to beat some tent steaks into the ground?

You'll have no problem with putting steaks into the ground.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
That fire will only be for either Hobos or those with Hobo stab insurance.

Thankfully my insurance agent will be on-site, I'll have to make sure to upgrade my hobo stab rider as well as my gypsy kidnapping addendum.

Some of you may have seen it already but if your coming to the FYTO you really ought to take a minute to learn about Lucin:
http://www.expeditionutah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3056

RogueJeepr

Here!
That fire will only be for either Hobos or those with Hobo stab insurance.

I made it cause I went camping somewhere that required you have your own fire-pit (Knolls I believe) . Being dissapointed with the pits offered by lowes/depot with how wind blows right thru em'. I came up with this, its only about a foot or 2 deep and blocks wind well .
But.... if ya want none of this, then ya can freeze your a$$ off . He, he :D .

Last edited: