Garage built cj 4-door

Bart

It's looking great. You are building the rig I've been thinking about for years. Glad to see it moving along like that. You've done a great job making it look proportional. Nice, very nice.

cj14

yes I am using the mag run flats thanks for your reply I Did a lot of research and measuring and figured it out who would have thought 6 hours to mount 4 tires but its done and I appreciate all of the input I'm getting

THAKS ALL

cj14

well its been a while been busy my wife surprised me with 4 new suspension seats so now i have the seat mounts built and this is how it sits tonight :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• floor board and seat mounts 177.jpg
    floor board and seat mounts 177.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 174
  • floor board and seat mounts 178.jpg
    floor board and seat mounts 178.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 143
  • floor board and seat mounts 176.jpg
    floor board and seat mounts 176.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 128

cj14

couple more pics messing around with a rear stinger sure makes it look long but i think it fits thought id use it for my hi lift tool box and ice chest

Attachments

• rear stinger 002.jpg
    rear stinger 002.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 115
  • rear stinger 003.jpg
    rear stinger 003.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 110

str8axleguy

love the jeep great idea and I really like the front tube fenders and the pitbulls. Looks awesome, I guess just trails only rig huh? I may have missed but what kind of power are you going to have? sweet rig, like it better than the new ones.

cj14

Thank you It has a tbi 350 sm465 203/Ford205 with 513s should do well had a buggy started to miss being able to drive to the trail then drive home

cj14

Here are some pics shock towers steering gear and one of the seat mounts and the added floor still just ruffed in but it will work to test almost together hope to test it on Saturday

Attachments

• Elainor 5-6-09 004.jpg
    Elainor 5-6-09 004.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Elainor 5-6-09 006.jpg
    Elainor 5-6-09 006.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Elainor 5-6-09 007.jpg
    Elainor 5-6-09 007.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 93

cj14

Well pulled her out of the garage tonight took it around the block then parked on my sons truck to start measuring clearances. Couple of things to finish up but all an all I'm very pleased with it. Taking her to Reno Rocks June 16/17 then on the 19Th heading to Rubicon for fathers day weekend. So here's some pics:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• ELAINOR DRIVES!!! 014.jpg
    ELAINOR DRIVES!!! 014.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 173
  • ELAINOR DRIVES!!! 007.jpg
    ELAINOR DRIVES!!! 007.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 200
  • ELAINOR DRIVES!!! 001.jpg
    ELAINOR DRIVES!!! 001.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 150
  • ELAINOR DRIVES!!! 002.jpg
    ELAINOR DRIVES!!! 002.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 145
  • ELAINOR DRIVES!!! 013.jpg
    ELAINOR DRIVES!!! 013.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 172
  • ELAINOR DRIVES!!! 003.jpg
    ELAINOR DRIVES!!! 003.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 135

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
That thing is awesome, I love the wheelbase and interior room! Looks like the perfect balance of being a family rig & hardcore trail rig! Nice work, can't wait to hear how it works on the trail.

That stretched FJ40 isn't bad either... ;)

cj14

bump stopped the rear added an1.5 inch steering assist ram made all the difference now sitting still at idle i can turn the wheels lock to lock the wheels stay were i point them when I'm in the rocks now

Green Leader

I don't know how i have missed out on this build. I just went through the whole thread, this thing is awesome. Welcome to the site as well. I can't wait to see more.

Swoop69

Looks awesome! Congrats!

Hindsight being 20/20 would you do it again? are you happy with the results? I have 2 old jeepsters that I want to "splice" together and wonder what you would do differently?

My plan is... SBC\700r4, full cage, D44 front and rear runing 35" tires. I have it down to the frame now, needs brake lines, fuel lines, all new floors, all the wiring.... figured now would be the time to do it if ever. I want a rig that has room for the family and gear, can drive to the trails and tear it up off road....

cj14

Well went to Rubicon with my kids and there familys for fathers day Was a wonderfull weekend All the rigs did very well the jeep amased me though for its initial run Still open in the front Wewent from Tahoma to Buck Island and back with no problems Heres some pics

Attachments

• AHHHH RUBICON 139.jpg
    AHHHH RUBICON 139.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 124

cj14

yes swoop69 i would not hesitate i love it not one single 3 point turn on the con the 125 inch wheel base had me scared after a 106 inch buggy its a cadillac and evidently a head turner got lots of compliments

cj14

whoops some of the pics didn't load

Attachments

• AHHHH RUBICON 056.jpg
    AHHHH RUBICON 056.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 138
  • AHHHH RUBICON 184.jpg
    AHHHH RUBICON 184.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 187
  • AHHHH RUBICON 222.jpg
    AHHHH RUBICON 222.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 126

Swoop69

yes swoop69 i would not hesitate i love it not one single 3 point turn on the con the 125 inch wheel base had me scared after a 106 inch buggy its a cadillac and evidently a head turner got lots of compliments

Thanks. I will start a build thread once I get going on this. I got my engine running this weekend. no exhaust, just stock manifolds.... nice and loud...

here is a photoshopped idea of what I am after. I like how your second set of doors is not full width, I think I will do something similar....

4doorcommando.jpg