Garage built cj 4-door

cj14

worked on the rear inner fender wells tonight still not happy with them pushed the rear bucket seat to far forward still not sure how to post pic's without splitting the tread

cj14

Lastnight

Attachments

• iner fender well 002.jpg
    iner fender well 002.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 116
  • iner fender well 003.jpg
    iner fender well 003.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 102
  • iner fender well 006.jpg
    iner fender well 006.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 106

cj14

got my h1 wheel's Monday ordered the tire's should have them this Monday ordered pit bull rocker's 44x19.50x16.5 very good reviews on them looking for center's for the h1's on the west coast have done some research but found east coast only can anyone help

cj14

need help having trouble mounting the pit bulls on the H1's do I need to narrow the run flats seem to be to wide can't get the rim halves to pull together

mbryson might be able to give you some advice...

KILLER RIG by the way, that is way cool!!!

I get zero frame flex (or nearly zero) with my scrambler frame. It is plated down the entire inside, tied into the cage (6 points), plated down the outside of the front, and 2 additional cross members added. I was worried that there would be frame flex in the zone from behind the front leaf springs to the front of the cage...but it hasn't happened.

(outside looking under jeep)

Ok, the front of my cage is tied into the sliders, which tied into the frame in two places, one of which is directly behind the spring pocket and body mount (tied together). I guess that's why it doesn't flex there more than anywhere else.

cj14

more to do now been stopped waiting on parts but there rolling in now rims bolted on rig backwards centers just sitting in them to get an idea what it will look like lots to do this weekend

Attachments

• justin an ashly school singing 034.jpg
    justin an ashly school singing 034.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 130
  • justin an ashly school singing 035.jpg
    justin an ashly school singing 035.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 89
  • justin an ashly school singing 036.jpg
    justin an ashly school singing 036.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 122
  • justin an ashly school singing 037.jpg
    justin an ashly school singing 037.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 108

cj14

spent Saturday re centering the H1 wheels still waiting for my rock rings should have them this week got that stuff from Mad Mac on pirates great service and products spent Sunday just painting and detailing hope to be testing it by April 1st if all goes well :):):)

Attachments

• wheels recentered 003.jpg
    wheels recentered 003.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 39
  • wheels recentered 002.jpg
    wheels recentered 002.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 48
  • wheels recentered 001.jpg
    wheels recentered 001.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 38

cj14

Got rock rings painted ready to start mounting tires:D

Attachments

• rockrings welded up 001.jpg
    rockrings welded up 001.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 45
  • rockrings welded up 003.jpg
    rockrings welded up 003.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 57

cj14

:rofl: OK she's sitting on all 4's every one has there dream car I spend so much time in the shop my wife says the jeep is my mistress so she named it {her} Eleanor stolen from Gone in60 sec. but I like it.And yes I was bleeding in about 6 different spots after they were mounted.

Attachments

• Tires and wheels mounted 002.jpg
    Tires and wheels mounted 002.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 123
  • Tires and wheels mounted 004.jpg
    Tires and wheels mounted 004.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 91

STAG

On my grind
Could you do a HUGE favor for me? And measure this distance?

dssd.png

cj14

Chockflip201 that distance is 25" I took 12" out of the stock 7 door and there is 3.5" between doors +/- I was trying to give it an aesthetically correct look.

cj14

Sort of I held a stock door up and I didn't like the natural slope of the door at the windshield holding it at the rear door I mean so I think I am going to straighten them up a bit more My front doors go straight up in the back I think it will look better to follow that with the rear door

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
need help having trouble mounting the pit bulls on the H1's do I need to narrow the run flats seem to be to wide can't get the rim halves to pull together

Are you using the mag runflats? I'm not much help there.

mbryson might be able to give you some advice...

I used the PVC inserts from Dean on www.pirate4x4.com (CJ66Dean) REAL knowledgeable H1 guy and can give you some good advice. The ONLY thing I didn't like about the H1 wheels was the weight. Now I've come full circle and am back to some Hutchinson beadlocks (basically the same design as the H1, just made of HEAVY cast alum.)