Garage built cj 4-door

cj14

very nice motor mines not so pretty i added 26 inches in my wheel base i measured the jk i think it was 118" i think i could have done that with a cj5 tub but only had the sevens look forward to seeing your build and any improvements over mine

Swoop69

very nice motor mines not so pretty i added 26 inches in my wheel base i measured the jk i think it was 118" i think i could have done that with a cj5 tub but only had the sevens look forward to seeing your build and any improvements over mine

I was thinking the cj5 doors would have been cool, but then you wouldnt have as much space in the back....

On yours, did you use the 2/3rds (approx) of the front of one, and 2/3rds the back of the other? I think that is the simplest way to go, but I am not going to be able to do that. I will be adding material to the middle of one frame, and the door jams and floors to the middle of one body. I am doing this because my suspension is already to go on one frame and not the other, and the tub of one of the donors is complete junk, the other I have replaced all the sheetmetal in the floors.... Im sure I will get hatemail.

Maybe I will go 2/3rds and 2/3rds on the frame, and add the center to the body....

cj14

my front doors are stock and untouched just for the simplicity of using stock doors my rear doors are 2/3 stock length i only wanted to fab one set of doors when its finished it will be soft top and soft doors rear doors matching the front with zip down windows keep me posted on your build I'm very interested in it

cj14

It's been a while. Had the jeep in Rubicon Fodyce trail and 3or 4 local trails so far so good.;)

Attachments

• Fordyce 7-25-09 032.jpg
    Fordyce 7-25-09 032.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 88
  • Fordyce 7-25-09 030.jpg
    Fordyce 7-25-09 030.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 87

cj14

Iv'e had 3 set's of swamper's 1 set of bogger's and so far I really like the Rocker's. They don't seem to be chipping or wearing to badly. As for the steerling I don't know I bought it locked and loaded. It's my first set of full size axles alway;s had Toyota's in a buggy. Other then the large thirdmember I like the axle thow.

cj14

Got some snow this week. Can finally do some snow wheeling

Attachments

• 1st snow 12-7-09 panther valley 003.jpg
    1st snow 12-7-09 panther valley 003.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 87

cj14

Went snow wheeling yesterday with some friends. The jeep did vary well on the Pit Bulls at about 3 lbs. And still open in the front. Here's some pics.:D

Attachments

• snow wheeling 1-2-10 042.jpg
    snow wheeling 1-2-10 042.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 99
  • snow wheeling 1-2-10 043.jpg
    snow wheeling 1-2-10 043.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 91
  • snow wheeling 1-2-10 044.jpg
    snow wheeling 1-2-10 044.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 89
  • snow wheeling 1-2-10 030.jpg
    snow wheeling 1-2-10 030.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 87
  • snow wheeling 1-2-10 031.jpg
    snow wheeling 1-2-10 031.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 86
  • snow wheeling 1-2-10 013.jpg
    snow wheeling 1-2-10 013.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 89

jdub

Scrambler
I found a full locker to be a hindrance in packed snow in some cases cause my rear was side hilling so bad. Other than that I really love the added challenge that a foot of snow adds to the trail.

Still super jealous of the rig and that you can put plates on such a monster! It looks like the top is a good fit.

XJEEPER

The majority of the Safari trails are easily doable locked-rear open front.....many you can run open-open, especially with your tire size, wheelbase.

Area BFE......you'll find challenging lines with even with dual lockers.

Cool rig, BTW.

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
I've been loving this build!!:):) I think you'll find it will perform well in the terrain around Moab!:greg: it will turn alot of heads too!:eek:

Q: I'm thinking of doing something like this with a 7 front & 5 rear on a J10 frame & running gear (123"-ish wheelbase) Are you having any issues with frame twist or flex that I should watch out for??? :-\

I'll be returning to this thread frequently for tips & info durring the project:bow:

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
I've been loving this build!!:):) I think you'll find it will perform well in the terrain around Moab!:greg: it will turn alot of heads too!:eek:

Q: I'm thinking of doing something like this with a 7 front & 5 rear on a J10 frame & running gear (123"-ish wheelbase) Are you having any issues with frame twist or flex that I should watch out for??? :-\

I'll be returning to this thread frequently for tips & info durring the project:bow:

Wanted to bump this up near the top again so I can easily find it for info & inspiration:D!

I've got the 7 stripped down & ready to seperate from the frame, bought a 5 tub & top last week, & will start stripping the J-10 down in 2 or 3 weeks:ugh::thumbs:!!

I figure I'll start a build thread after I've started to build:busted:!

cj14

No I'm not having issues with frame twist so far but i did add 3 extra cross braces. Got paint going on now here's some pics. Its actually viper red the lights are making it look orange though

Attachments

• PAINTING ELEANOR 002.jpg
    PAINTING ELEANOR 002.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 37
  • PAINTING ELEANOR 003.jpg
    PAINTING ELEANOR 003.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 45
  • PAINTING ELEANOR 005.jpg
    PAINTING ELEANOR 005.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 37

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
I'll be boxing the entire frame & adding at least 2 x-members. I haven't fit the bodies together yet but some early figuring looks like WB somewhere around 120":)!

BTW: The paint looks great:greg:.

cj14

Sounds about right. I think when I started mine I measured a new JK and it was around 118'' and I thought I could get that w/a cj5 tub but could not find one affordable any way so I went w/the 7 tub and ended up at 125'' Was worried at first but only done a couple 3 point turns. And I'm happy with the limousine.

cj14

I don't think you'll have any problems. It will be a nice daily driver. I went stupid big not saying it doen't drive well but with my first rig I did the stair step thing and spent way more money in the long run.