hanging tree trail

sixstringsteve

The best way to get a feel for the trail is to ride along. You're welcome to join me when I do my shakedown run up there. Even with 35's, a rear locker and duals, I question if my rig is prepared for this trail. It can do it, but I'm a little bit on the under-built side of the scale.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I have done this trail several times and I did it twice on 33s but with two lockers and once on my 35s. I would not recommend it with only one but that is just my opinion. When I have been on it I have seen rigs with Lockers front and rear and not make it up on several of obstacles and needed straps or winches. I also believe it is possible to do this trail without getting body damage but I also think that the possibility is HIGH and people should expect to get some rather than hoping they do not especially if they are a full bodied rig, even with armor protection. I would NOT rate this trail a 10/10 or 5/5 because in my opinion I feel that those are trails reserved for strictly buggies or something close that does not have a full body on it. I would definitely rate it a 8-9/10 or 4/5. I also feel that this trail favors Larger tires and longer wheel Bases because of all the steep climbs/steps/waterfalls.

sixstringsteve

Well said kmboren. Jinxspot rolled his rig on this trail, and his rig was very well built. Maybe he'll chime in with the details.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
This is another member on here that I can't remember his name but rolled on the last obstacle. He has redone his rig since but a very nice rig that just took one wrong line and over it went. [video=youtube;Nd3tZahwMUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd3tZahwMUE[/video]

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
This trail is very fun OMG becki you have a winch if and if you really want to run this trail we can winch you over anything you cant make on your own.

I am in to run this trail as long we do it on a weekend I have to work during the week

sixstringsteve

This is another member on here that I can't remember his name but rolled on the last obstacle. He has redone his rig since but a very nice rig that just took one wrong line and over it went.

Thats hardline90. I went with him and he made everything look easy. He has done that trail many many times. His new rebuild is pretty awesome.

Omgbecki

This trail is very fun OMG becki you have a winch if and if you really want to run this trail we can winch you over anything you cant make on your own.

I am in to run this trail as long we do it on a weekend I have to work during the week

Let me know when you're ready to do a run somewhere. I'm almost always good to go on a weekend. More time out more I get used to my jeep. :)

Omgbecki

The best way to get a feel for the trail is to ride along. You're welcome to join me when I do my shakedown run up there. Even with 35's, a rear locker and duals, I question if my rig is prepared for this trail. It can do it, but I'm a little bit on the under-built side of the scale.

I won't hesitate to ride along with you. I'll keep a eye out on your progress.

Omgbecki

Thanks for the input. As you can tell I'm extremely interested in this trail. I'm not too concerned about body damage to an extent. I know sometimes things happen. Looks like it might be time for you tube research.

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
How far of a drive is it out of the valley? This may be my incentive to swap my transfer case.

As for that rollover, it was too much throttle that made him roll.

Ima9er

Crazy Man
just wanted to put this out there, but on the 23rd of june me and a couple of other guys are going to try to run this trail. if anyone would like to meet us down there and come run it with us then you are more than welcome. i've never ran this trail, but i have watched some youtube videos. and read info about it. i have a very capable rig that i know really well. and my buddy has a cherokee with a rear locker and 33's.

sixstringsteve

just wanted to put this out there, but on the 23rd of june me and a couple of other guys are going to try to run this trail. if anyone would like to meet us down there and come run it with us then you are more than welcome. i've never ran this trail, but i have watched some youtube videos. and read info about it. i have a very capable rig that i know really well. and my buddy has a cherokee with a rear locker and 33's.

are you doing an out and back, or are you going with a local?

It was a good ride. I managed to shear off all the studs on the driver rear tire. Luckily I have a spare shaft in my truck and we just hammered out the studs and put them in the other shaft that sheared them off. Thanks again Rockmonkey, it was nice meeting you.