hanging tree trail

sixstringsteve

its also in a super peaceful & beautiful area which is awesome cause it takes a better part of a day to finish without very many stops.

This is my favorite part of the trail. Add to the fact that there's water all along the trail, that makes it nice and cool the whole time.

Last edited:

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
My brother used to run up it unassisted with only a locked rear in a uber light toy truggy with lots of skinny pedal years ago. we also have made it out the top in the fall with ice on the obstacles, but it took lots of banking the rev limiter, some tip overs and lots of fun, but weve also been running the trail 15+ years and have learned the lines..

sixstringsteve

I'm looking for a local who can take me and some friends through the trail one saturday in August. We will camp in Manti on a friday night, then hit the trailhead nice and early on a Saturday morning. Any locals want to volunteer to be our trail guide? It's going to be a shakedown run prior to our Rubicon trip. If any locals would like to guide us through, let me know. We're open any Saturday in August, and I'd expect a group of 5-10 people to be there. Most of the rigs will not be trailered.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I'm looking for a local who can take me and some friends through the trail one saturday in August. We will camp in Manti on a friday night, then hit the trailhead nice and early on a Saturday morning. Any locals want to volunteer to be our trail guide? It's going to be a shakedown run prior to our Rubicon trip. If any locals would like to guide us through, let me know. We're open any Saturday in August, and I'd expect a group of 5-10 people to be there. Most of the rigs will not be trailered.

Ill lead you, returned your pm.

sixstringsteve

it's rated an 8/10, but it's totally different terrain than moab. Think wet, muddy, granite rocks with a lot less traction than sandstone. Lots of ledges. I'm going to say it's less difficult than pritchett, probably more on par with Moab rim. But it's entirely different wheeling that uses different skills. It's more like snakes in terms of terrain.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Like the bouldery section of mineral basin x10

A big long rock garden the whole way up with lots of diff hangers.

A couple decent ledges/waterfalls tha are comparable to some ledges on Pritchett... But with water!!

Last edited:

4x4life

Ran it on saturday, not as much water as we hoped. Last year at some points of the trail water was more then 1/4 the way up a 40" tire. Still slick on the major ledges though. Super fun trail!! If you have never ran it hopefully you have some good steering... you will be using it. ALOT

zukijames

So would this be comparable to pritchett or Moab rim
in difficulty?

never been there but prichett can be pretty hard or pretty easy depending on what lines or obsticals you climb/ go around.. rim can be pretty tough if you choose a hard line so its hard to compare..

i guess you can tell us when you get back

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
My brother used to run up it unassisted with only a locked rear in a uber light toy truggy with lots of skinny pedal years ago. we also have made it out the top in the fall with ice on the obstacles, but it took lots of banking the rev limiter, some tip overs and lots of fun, but weve also been running the trail 15+ years and have learned the lines..

Your Dad also used to run HTT with an uber light full size Wagoneer buggy with lots of skinny pedal - there's a good reason that the last waterfall on HTT is named Gordy's Launch (grin). Is he still punishing those old 34X9.50 Swampers that work so well?

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Your Dad also used to run HTT with an uber light full size Wagoneer buggy with lots of skinny pedal - there's a good reason that the last waterfall on HTT is named Gordy's Launch (grin). Is he still punishing those old 34X9.50 Swampers that work so well?

Yea hes still running the trail with that same old waggy/buggy, the last launch was named after him being the first to climb it unassisted, but he straps up it now, I think hes getting cautious as he ages.

He ran it with us about a month ago.

TJustin

Porch Dog
Supporting Member
We're back now. Had to use the winch in a couple places. I'd say it is more technical than Moab rim. Id say it's the constrictor on steroids. Everyone got out on their own power, but not without body damage.

sixstringsteve

i hope everyone is respecting the land owner's wishes at the top of the trail. Remember that if you're not going with a local who has permission to exit out the top, you need to do an out-and-back and exit back out the way you came.

sixstringsteve

You rock! Rhat must have taken FOREVER! You get extra points for exiting out the bottom. I'd love to see some pics/video if you've got any.