Haters

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I'd like to see a 'pro-orv list', and a 'blacklist' of the openly anti-orv group. This creates a one stop shop for who you rshould support, and who you should stay away from, and also a middle ground grey area. I've been in shops/businesses and asked their stance so that I know what's going on.. Usually if there's a City Weekly sitting near the door i'm finding somewhere else to spend my money.

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I agree with you, but it's going to be tough to get an accurate list. If you remember back to the first black list, those businesses were all taken directly from the SUWA letter, but were still not accurate.

Yes, it would be beneficial to have both, but I'd rather reward those businesses that upfront and openly support our hobbies rather than possibly alienate a business that is in favor of "protecting our lands". You know how SUWA twists words. ;) The reward approach could also motivate businesses to become more upfront about their support (or not) of the OHV crowds.

Inaccurate info from a SUWA letter? Nooo. ;)

One of the companies in Moab that was painted as a SUWA supported is our own Robby Flandro's cousin's gas station (can't remember which one - it's probably mentioned in that past thread).. SUWA added several shops to the list to boost numbers.. Lies, they're good at it... That's their business. Rob and I did our best to clear his cousin's name and his gas station even donated several hundred dollars of gas cards in U4's '06 EJS raffle.

I do see what you mena about misinformation though.. For anything such as a 'blacklist', you want to be 100% sure that they truly should be on the list.. Top of that list.. Black Diamond..

-Jason

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Usually if there's a City Weekly sitting near the door i'm findine somewhere else to spend my money.

oh so you don't like "utahs independent newspaper"?

haha i love it... city weekly brings the suck

SSII

Wannabe!
First off, "I" didn't do anything. Second, I don't think the proper approach is to bash businesses. I think the proper approach is to reward businesses.

My mistake, I didn't look close enough to see that it wasn't you that didn't remove it. :ugh:

Anyways to all, I did post as other here did too that we should have a pro business list. I do think that a blacklist may come off badly, but as it is all that some of us have till a new list is completed. I'll continue to use it. I am looking forward to the new pro-business list that you all are coming up with.
Thanks.

I still use the old blacklist with know good revisions on it. There were a few business that were misled in signing that SUWA petition as we all know.

Caleb

Inaccurate info from a SUWA letter? Nooo. ;)

One of the companies in Moab that was painted as a SUWA supported is our own Robby Flandro's cousin's gas station (can't remember which one - it's probably mentioned in that past thread).. SUWA added several shops to the list to boost numbers.. Lies, they're good at it... That's their business. Rob and I did our best to clear his cousin's name and his gas station even donated several hundred dollars of gas cards in U4's '06 EJS raffle.

I do see what you mena about misinformation though.. For anything such as a 'blacklist', you want to be 100% sure that they truly should be on the list.. Top of that list.. Black Diamond..

-Jason
agreed 100%!

Like the saying goes (and as Von pointed out) "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem". Those companies that sit in the middle grey area are as much of the problem as those that actively support the Enviros. If we can reward those companies that are bold enough to say ,"Yes I support OHVs" then I would rather do that.

I do agree with the general idea, build a list of companies we know we can shop with and a list of companies we KNOW without a doubt that we need to avoid and actively voice our displeasure with. Top of that list...Black Diamond :p

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
So I registered ohvfriendlymoab.com and ohvfriendlystops.com. I'll work on getting a form up this weekend.

Nice! Keith and I were talking about doing this exact thing earlier today. Let us know if you need help with anything.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
How can I help Caleb? Majority of the MountainYoats crew is hitting Moab this weekend.. I could ask them to swing into shops and ask around?

Caleb

How can I help Caleb? Majority of the MountainYoats crew is hitting Moab this weekend.. I could ask them to swing into shops and ask around?
I think the way this list will be useful is if it's:
  • Accurate
  • Up To Date (goes back to Accurate)
  • Very Inclusive (the more info we have the better)
  • Well Known (if nobody knows it exists, then there's no reason for it)
  • Used (the more it's used the better info we'll be able to gather)

So I think the first thing is we all need to do is start compiling a list of companies, org, etc that will need to be on it. The way I'm doing it is I have a box that lets you choose (Support) or (Boycott). I think we need to concentrate on the Support more than the Boycott right now, but the obvious ones we'll throw on the Boycott list.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Could we get some print outs with a cool looking logo thinger that businesses could hang in their windows that simply says, "We support OHV's".. Or something like that..

Who can make a good looking design? hmmmm... ;)

x2

agreed 100%!

Like the saying goes (and as Von pointed out) "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem". Those companies that sit in the middle grey area are as much of the problem as those that actively support the Enviros. If we can reward those companies that are bold enough to say ,"Yes I support OHVs" then I would rather do that.

I do agree with the general idea, build a list of companies we know we can shop with and a list of companies we KNOW without a doubt that we need to avoid and actively voice our displeasure with. Top of that list...Black Diamond :p
10000% x2

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
i was super disappointed to see that backcountry.com was on that list because that means no whiskeymilitia.com or brociety.com for me since they are the same thing... :(

utahluge

Finally Got My Truck!!
Just in case they pull the list because their "members" are worried about bad press... it won't matter cuz we have the list here. :cody:

Alta Lodge Alta
Avalanche Properties Park City
backcountry.com Park City
Benstog Construction Corporation Ogden
Black Diamond Equipment Salt Lake City
Boulder Mountain Lodge Boulder
Brennan and Shultz Painting, LC Park City
Bruce Hucko Photography Moab
Calf Canyon Inn Bluff
Canyon Voyages Adventure Company Moab
Centered City Yoga Salt Lake City
Charles Wood Photography Kayenta
Christine Carver South Ogden
Cucina Deli Salt Lake City
Dabney & Dabney, P.C. Saint George
Dammeron Corporation Dammeron Valley
Deanna Rosen, LCSW Holladay
Desert Highlights Moab
Faceplant Heber
Imlay Canyon Gear Mount Carmel
JC Financial, Inc. Midvale
John O Johnson Salt Lake City
Knead a Massage Park City
KURU Footwear Salt Lake City
Lazy Lizard International Hostel Moab
Llama, LLC Salt Lake City
Lucky Dog Communications Salt Lake City
Manning Curtis Bradshaw & Bednar Salt Lake City
Mazza Salt Lake City
Nichols Expeditions Moab
Odeus Apparel Salt Lake City
Page Speiser, LCSW Provo
Passage To Utah Salt Lake City
Powderwhore Production Salt Lake City
Red Rock Mortgage Salt Lake City
Rocky Collins Construction Park City
Schneider Auto Karosserie, Inc. Salt Lake City
Schocker Commercial Properties Salt Lake City
Scott T. Smith Photography Logan
Snow County Limounsine Park City
Squatters Pub and Brewery Salt Lake City
Streamline Bodyworks, L.L.C. Salt Lake City
Streamline Industries Salt Lake City
Tesch Law Occices, P.C. Park City
The Rocking V Cafe Kanab
Tom Till Photography Moab
Treasure Mountain Inn Park City
Underwood Environmental, Inc. Park City
Waterwise Design & Landscapes, LC Salt Lake City
Words and Photography by Stephen Trimble Salt Lake City

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I can't believe Squatters is on there. Do they really think hippies drink more beer then us :eek: I think not

rholbrook

I like how this is going. Lets get both lists up on the website. I need to know what gas stations, restaurants and hotels support us. Hopefully, Pasta Jays and the Thai restaurant are on the list. If they aren't, I am done eating there. I heard the grocery store in town supports us, is this true?

Caleb

Just in case they pull the list because their "members" are worried about bad press... it won't matter cuz we have the list here. :cody:

Alta Lodge Alta
Avalanche Properties Park City
backcountry.com Park City
Benstog Construction Corporation Ogden
Black Diamond Equipment Salt Lake City
Boulder Mountain Lodge Boulder
Brennan and Shultz Painting, LC Park City
Bruce Hucko Photography Moab
Calf Canyon Inn Bluff
Canyon Voyages Adventure Company Moab
Centered City Yoga Salt Lake City
Charles Wood Photography Kayenta
Christine Carver South Ogden
Cucina Deli Salt Lake City
Dabney & Dabney, P.C. Saint George
Dammeron Corporation Dammeron Valley
Deanna Rosen, LCSW Holladay
Desert Highlights Moab
Faceplant Heber
Imlay Canyon Gear Mount Carmel
JC Financial, Inc. Midvale
John O Johnson Salt Lake City
Knead a Massage Park City
KURU Footwear Salt Lake City
Lazy Lizard International Hostel Moab
Llama, LLC Salt Lake City
Lucky Dog Communications Salt Lake City
Manning Curtis Bradshaw & Bednar Salt Lake City
Mazza Salt Lake City
Nichols Expeditions Moab
Odeus Apparel Salt Lake City
Page Speiser, LCSW Provo
Passage To Utah Salt Lake City
Powderwhore Production Salt Lake City
Red Rock Mortgage Salt Lake City
Rocky Collins Construction Park City
Schneider Auto Karosserie, Inc. Salt Lake City
Schocker Commercial Properties Salt Lake City
Scott T. Smith Photography Logan
Snow County Limounsine Park City
Squatters Pub and Brewery Salt Lake City
Streamline Bodyworks, L.L.C. Salt Lake City
Streamline Industries Salt Lake City
Tesch Law Occices, P.C. Park City
The Rocking V Cafe Kanab
Tom Till Photography Moab
Treasure Mountain Inn Park City
Underwood Environmental, Inc. Park City
Waterwise Design & Landscapes, LC Salt Lake City
Words and Photography by Stephen Trimble Salt Lake City
That entire list is entered in with the addys and websites that I could find. You guys can all start adding. Right now it's nothing fancy, but I will work on making it look better (unless someone else wants to volunteer to make it look pretty :D)