Haters

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
That entire list is entered in with the addys and websites that I could find. You guys can all start adding. Right now it's nothing fancy, but I will work on making it look better (unless someone else wants to volunteer to make it look pretty :D)

What program are you using to display your db, or did you write that?

I wouldn't mind giving it a little graphic love when I get some time soon.

Caleb

I wrote it, but I'm using the jquery library to make it sortable.

That'd be cool to have you work some of your magic on it, let me know when you want to work on it and I'll get you whatever access you need. :cool:

rholbrook

So I registered www.ohvfriendlymoab.com and www.ohvfriendlystops.com. I'll work on getting a form up this weekend.

EDIT: I also have www.ohvfriendly.com all three go to the same site right now.

Looking good. You may want to add a filter because as this grows and I decide to go to another city and state, I would like to be able to filter it on that selection and print off a list in that city so I make sure not to visit those establishments. Wow, I can see the advertising dollars all around this website. I say that once costs are covered (read nonprofit) you use the remaining funds toward projects that enhance public perspective of our motorized sports. Just a thought.

Caleb

Looking good. You may want to add a filter because as this grows and I decide to go to another city and state, I would like to be able to filter it on that selection and print off a list in that city so I make sure not to visit those establishments. Wow, I can see the advertising dollars all around this website. I say that once costs are covered (read nonprofit) you use the remaining funds toward projects that enhance public perspective of our motorized sports. Just a thought.
Yeah, I plan to add the ability to only show results for whatever you want. That should be pretty easy since I've got everything stored in a database rather than a flat file. If this site brings in any money, it will all go back to help supporting our causes. There is absolutely no intention to make anything off this site. I have extra space on my server so I'm offering it. If it ever grows too large then I will move it but I doubt it will ever outgrow it's current home :D

I fully intend for this to be a community supported site. This list won't grow if people don't contribute, so I'm open to any/all suggestions. So thanks! :)

eatrocks

Lets not forget that the one big one is Sundnce Institute, there leader has his toys and has done what he wants to the the land, but does not want any one to now.. And for any that dont know I was let go from working for them for have a U4WDA and club stickers on my Jeep. And if you dont know there leader Is Redford they are the owner of the Film festival

Caleb

It's now filterable.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Lets not forget that the one big one is Sundnce Institute, there leader has his toys and has done what he wants to the the land, but does not want any one to now.. And for any that dont know I was let go from working for them for have a U4WDA and club stickers on my Jeep. And if you dont know there leader Is Redford they are the owner of the Film festival

So you are telling us that your termination was not based on job performance or the needs of the business. It was based solely on the fact you were a member of U4(?)

-_-

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Could we get some print outs with a cool looking logo thinger that businesses could hang in their windows that simply says, "We support OHV's".. Or something like that..

Who can make a good looking design? hmmmm... ;)

This is what came to my mind. A nice big round sticker that could stick in store windows with your quote or something like it. If we got a bunch of them made up and then when a groups heads to moab, then can take some with them. Each time they talk to a manager about putting a sticker in the window, you will know which way they stand.

I just can't belive that there are companies in moab that dont support our activities. Don't they realize what will happen to moab if it becomes ohv free?

eatrocks

So you are telling us that your termination was not based on job performance or the needs of the business. It was based solely on the fact you were a member of U4(?)

-_-

Yes the institute even put it in there responce to the state when I filed for unemplyment. " His views were not in line with the the institute and the institutes views on land use" i was only there for 2 weeks, and it was only after someone asked what the type of car and the plate number was of what I drove. Have you missed all the time redford has been at the front of shutting down land.

utahluge

Finally Got My Truck!!
Yes the institute even put it in there responce to the state when I filed for unemplyment. " His views were not in line with the the institute and the institutes views on land use" i was only there for 2 weeks, and it was only after someone asked what the type of car and the plate number was of what I drove. Have you missed all the time redford has been at the front of shutting down land.
Sounds like you got yourself a nice big juicy lawsuit in your favor.

Could we get some print outs with a cool looking logo thinger that businesses could hang in their windows that simply says, "We support OHV's".. Or something like that..

Who can make a good looking design? hmmmm... ;)

I'm surprised Cruiseroutfit hasn't chimed in on this thread. This idea has been proposed and recycled at least 3 times in the last few years. It's a great idea. "4x4 Friendly" was one of the names proposed for such a program. It's a great idea, like the hundreds that have been proposed. It'd be great to run with.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
I'm surprised Cruiseroutfit hasn't chimed in on this thread. This idea has been proposed and recycled at least 3 times in the last few years. It's a great idea. "4x4 Friendly" was one of the names proposed for such a program. It's a great idea, like the hundreds that have been proposed. It'd be great to run with.

Have to agree here.

GOAT

Back from the beyond

Did you know what the institute's history was before seeking employment? That situation is insane either way.

It would be the equivalent of me going to work for a pro-life foundation:rofl:

Caleb

Yeah, something along the lines of 4x4 Friendly came to mind at first, but I want this list to be able to applicable throughout the entire OHV community. In fact I registered www.4x4friendly.com before I registered the others.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Paging Tacoma.. Would JackRabbit Press want the opportunity to print fliers? I'll take on leading the flier aspect.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I already started a short email and sent it out to close friends & family about Calebs site. Hopefully it will go pretty viral and get the word out.

eatrocks

Did you know what the institute's history was before seeking employment? That situation is insane either way.

It would be the equivalent of me going to work for a pro-life foundation:rofl:

Utah is a right to work state so every one is at will. It never came to mind that something as high profile as Sundance would be that way. I did remove any club and U4WDA stickers from the jeep for now. This happened a year ago. I went to work for an even higher profile group. They dont care what we do in are spair time as long as we wear a tie to work. And dont tell any one we work for them. Just add them to the list

Alpine Spirit

Just responding so Im subscribed.... I have always wondered about the businesses out in the area. There is one Bar we stopped hosting our event at due to their position and not being able to give me a straight answer.