Haters

chans

Lazy Lizard International Hostel Moab
Does the U4WDA still rent the house from them during Easter Jeep Safari?

JackKeslerCustoms

it was kind of mentioned in the other thread, but i think a better approach is rather than a list of companies to boycott, come up with a list of companies to support. I think it would be a lot more rewarding to those companies that choose to support us to be on the good list. Than to not be on a list of any type. I think it would accomplish the same thing, giving your money to the companies that help keep our hobbies around.

x2

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
fyi i just got this when i tried to view it. a lot of stuff is blocked (lousy govt internet access) but i am betting this is just a misunderstanding or something you can change maybe...? i don't expect to be catered to or anything i was just giving you a heads up :D

also, it happened with both sites

Security risk blocked for your protection
Reason:
This Websense category is filtered: Potentially Damaging Content. Sites in this category may pose a security threat to network resources or private information, and are blocked by your organization.

URL:
http://ohvfriendlymoab.com/

Caleb

fyi i just got this when i tried to view it. a lot of stuff is blocked (lousy govt internet access) but i am betting this is just a misunderstanding or something you can change maybe...? i don't expect to be catered to or anything i was just giving you a heads up :D

Reason:
This Websense category is filtered: Potentially Damaging Content. Sites in this category may pose a security threat to network resources or private information, and are blocked by your organization.

URL:
:rofl: that's funny. There's nothing I can do on my side to fix that. Websense is a filter that's controlled by your IT guys. The only thing you can do submit is to your IT department to get it unblocked.

N-Smooth

:rofl: that's funny. There's nothing I can do on my side to fix that. Websense is a filter that's controlled by your IT guys. The only thing you can do submit is to your IT department to get it unblocked.

yeah i understand, i was just wondering if you didn't have the site information/description done or something. i am not a webdesigner so i don't know all the tech terms :D

the weird thing is i got on the site the other day while it was just the stuff for adding companies to and it was fine.

Caleb

yeah i understand, i was just wondering if you didn't have the site information/description done or something. i am not a webdesigner so i don't know all the tech terms :D

the weird thing is i got on the site the other day while it was just the stuff for adding companies to and it was fine.
Try and hit just plain ohvfriendly.com (if you haven't already). Really the only thing that's changed since the first day it was up is I added a little CSS (controls the styling of the site) and the logo. Websense can get it's list of blocked domains any number of ways. It can also block based on content or category of the site.

Caleb

Reason:

URL:
OK, even funnier is the description from Websense on what that means.

Websense.com said:
Potentially Damaging Content - Sites likely to contain little or no useful content

Also, you can only get that category if you subscribe to their premium suite :rofl:

N-Smooth

OK, even funnier is the description from Websense on what that means.

Also, you can only get that category if you subscribe to their premium suite :rofl:

haha so the site is potentially damaging and has little or no useful content :rofl:

i was wondering if it is the that the content hasn't been categorized like you said... this whole thing is funny, it is hit or miss with them. i can get on pirate and stuff still :eek: and on some sites it gives me the option to bypass the system, something like "if you are doing this for work purposes click continue" haha it is weird

guess i will have to view it at home, you and your naughty ohvfriendly site ;)

Caleb

haha so the site is potentially damaging and has little or no useful content :rofl:

i was wondering if it is the that the content hasn't been categorized like you said... this whole thing is funny, it is hit or miss with them. i can get on pirate and stuff still :eek: and on some sites it gives me the option to bypass the system, something like "if you are doing this for work purposes click continue" haha it is weird

guess i will have to view it at home, you and your naughty ohvfriendly site ;)
I submitted a request to websense yesterday and they were re-categorized as Reference Material today. Depending on how often your IT team updates their definitions, it could be as soon as tomorrow that you have access again :D

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I submitted a request to websense yesterday and they were re-categorized as Reference Material today. Depending on how often your IT team updates their definitions, it could be as soon as tomorrow that you have access again :D

I'll be damned. That's cool.

Corban_White

It looks like the pop-up to show the non supporters doesn't want to adjust to my tiny screen. :)

ohvimage.jpg

Jesser04

I have a question it might be a dumb one but here it goes. The list of nonsupporters looks like it came from suwa's website of supports is it possible that some of these businesses support suwa and ohv? Could suwa have some how made these business think that they do good? I just can't believe backcountry is down with the rrw bill buts it possible they are. It was just a thought.

N-Smooth

backcountry is a platinum supporter, it is on the suwa site. that is why i mentioned earlier in the thread that i am bummed out by that because i love whiskeymilitia and brociety... but oh well, i definitely love moab more than cheap hoodies :D

here is the link for business members

Last edited:

Caleb

I have a question it might be a dumb one but here it goes. The list of nonsupporters looks like it came from suwa's website of supports is it possible that some of these businesses support suwa and ohv? Could suwa have some how made these business think that they do good? I just can't believe backcountry is down with the rrw bill buts it possible they are. It was just a thought.
That list mostly came directly from suwa's list of supporters. It's very possible some of these companies try to support both sides...but IMO that's part of what we are trying to flush out. These companies that support suwa AND try to support public land access are not really supporting public land access at all, especially by OHVs.. Fence sitters are as much of the problem as the full on enviros. Yes I do believe that backcountry.com fully supports SUWA's agenda.