If I rant about....

Badger

I am the Brute squad
not me i feel the same way.what really gets me are they get married young then you get these mortgage companies that are giving them no interest loans that they will never pay off which only puts them into debt.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
not me i feel the same way.what really gets me are they get married young then you get these mortgage companies that are giving them no interest loans that they will never pay off which only puts them into debt.

Oh, interest only is the way to go :D

Oh, and Cody, nah.... us dumb@sses know we were dumb@asses. It does have it's challenges, 'growing up' together.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
ok good, then I'll post what I was going to write originally about houseware shopping....

SRN's wedding thread (congrats again) reminded me of something funny I was going to share.

whenever I go shopping for things for my house, my favorite part of the miserable experience is watching all the 20-22 y/o newly weds picking out stuff. The miserable look on the husbands face as he observes the tortuous process of a woman weighing the cost vs. color debate--you know, where she tries to justify spending the extra $4.63 above their gift card amount to get the plates she wants even though they'll be moving out of their parents basement apartment in a couple years and in which time they’ll need to get new plates to match their very own 2 bedroom apartment.

Then there is the classic argument when the new wife lectures the new husband because he doesn't care enough and she thinks he should be more involved with this decision making during critical stage their young relationship.

Just watching their body language is amusing enough. Just so awkward and confused and.......absolutely amusing to me. I run into many of these couple post mortem that are my age now, divorced and on the scene with their parents watching the 3 year old so they can go out and try give it get back into the rat-race. It’s hard to find a 25-28 y/o girl who doesn’t have a ****-ton of baggage in Utah.

It's really almost as great of a self esteem booster as driving through any trailer park in small town America.

I'm such an arrogant ass :cody:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
ok good, then I'll post what I was going to write originally about houseware shopping....

SRN's wedding thread (congrats again) reminded me of something funny I was going to share.

whenever I go shopping for things for my house, my favorite part of the miserable experience is watching all the 20-22 y/o newly weds picking out stuff. The miserable look on the husbands face as he observes the tortuous process of a woman weighing the cost vs. color debate--you know, where she tries to justify spending the extra $4.63 above their gift card amount to get the plates she wants even though they'll be moving out of their parents basement apartment in a couple years and in which time they’ll need to get new plates to match their very own 2 bedroom apartment.

Then there is the classic argument when the new wife lectures the new husband because he doesn't care enough and she thinks he should be more involved with this decision making during critical stage their young relationship.

Just watching their body language is amusing enough. Just so awkward and confused and.......absolutely amusing to me. I run into many of these couple post mortem that are my age now, divorced and on the scene with their parents watching the 3 year old so they can go out and try give it get back into the rat-race. It’s hard to find a 25-28 y/o girl who doesn’t have a ****-ton of baggage in Utah.

It's really almost as great of a self esteem booster as driving through any trailer park in small town America.

I stay FAR away from the housewares. I just don't care, and she knows it. That was pretty established when we were dating. I didn't get to pick out our silverware, but it's been OK. I've managed to survive so far.

JoeT

Married @ 28 yrs old and thinking it's the way to go... :p

Married @ 24, one week before my 25th b-day, popped the question after dating Angie for 14 days. No regrets. Thank goodness she only asked for little input from me on stuff like that (dishes and matching colors).

Catherine

Mrs. Gardner
I could not agree more cody...I think two people who get married need to have a certain level of independence. Without it they rely too much on the significant others opinions. Independence only comes through growing up and having experiences. then again I was a "bitter old maid" according to the stereotypes of utah before I got married.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I got married when I was 24, my wife 22. It may have been a bit young... but then again, we had been living together for the 4yrs previous. She was barely 19 when I met her hhahahah

Not sure that's the best way to go, but it's working ok so far. :D uhhhh :eek: :sick: :rofl:

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
I was 21, my wife was 20 when we were married. 8 years and 2 kids later we're still happy and enjoying it. I wouldn't say that it works for everyone, but it did for us.

Caleb

I was 21, my wife was 20 when we were married. 8 years and 2 kids later we're still happy and enjoying it. I wouldn't say that it works for everyone, but it did for us.
yep, exact same for us. I was 21 she was 20 and we are still enjoying life :cool:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla

I've been back on the scene for almost two years now and I totally know what you mean. Having been that guy at one point in time being hounded by the woman I know to never...ever...allow that to happen ever again.

Finding single women, without kids, financially secure is a chore to say the least. Screwed up Mormon girls with children and no financial plan are a dime a dozen in this state...no thanks! I'm glad we decided to be smart and not reproduce immediately.

?JMAMA

Formerly YJMAMA
I was 22 and Jeremy was 21 when we got married 10 years ago. So far things are going great.

However we both have changed tons. It is just a good thing that we changed in the same ways.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I got married in May this year @ 22 years old.... (Holy crap I'm 23 now :ugh:) I like it so far, but still way too early if you ask me :sick:

Some of my friends have already been married and divorced (some twice :eek:) in the 4+ years that we've been together. I'll just say that few people in my generation take it seriously anymore, and bailing out is all too common...

projektdotnet

Cruiserhead
Me and my wife were both 18 when we got married in 2005, no regrets so far:cody:

Actually I agree it has made things a LOT harder to deal with normal relationship issues and trying to mature as a person at the same time.

Not so bad though, always know there's going to be someone I love waiting when I walk in the door after work :D

Exalted 4x4

So. U Crew
I was 22 and my wife was 20. We were in love and what were we supposed to do just hang out for 4 years till we were "old" enough? Age is overrated. Yes i agree that a lot of people are to "young" to get married but i have met 40 year olds that were to young to get married.