• IMPORTS

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • DOMESTICS

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
my import cruiser has 265,000 and no problems, never been pulled appart..
my ford crown vic has 60,000 and never runs on all eight cylinders
so i sold it... tranny also slipped...
my 78 toy 2wd has 310,000 on it no probs...
however, i also will use a chev to tow my cruiser someday...

i also think it has to do with proper maintainance, oil, air filter, ect...

toy73scout

A free scout I'll take it
I will admit that a Scout motor could possibly go 300K without a rebuild under the best of cicumstances. However, the majority of them will not. Don't get me wrong, Scouts are cool! I.H. had the same engine building technology available to them as the other manufacturers of that era.
the thing about scout is that IH put commercial grade motors in them the same motors that scouts came with stock are in buses and big trucks at my work we have a small cement mixer with a GVW of 20000 that has a IH 345 with a 1 barrel carb runs great and hauls a$$. supposedly the IH motors have a high nickel content block (but that I cant verify) and I've never seen a scout that has been taken care of and had the oil changed every 20K my step fathers grandfather bought one new hooked a camper trailer to it and drove around the country and put over 200K on it with no brake in time he ran it hard right from the get go . he sold it to my step farther 10 years later and we put 100K on it on long trips then sold it back to him. sorry I'm babbling and it sounds like I bitching I just got on a roll and couldn't stop sorry once again

Last edited:

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Ryan YOU kick ass!!!!! That is some funny Well you know :D As for the Whole foreign and domestic thing Chevy for the hauler toyota for the crawler (doin my best "cabbage patch") Go yota GO yota.:D

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
well well well....this is FUN :)
This post can go forever. So I'll add to it.
lets talk forign. Most GOOD forign motors are inlines. There is a point to this. The inline will always run smoother and have more tourque than and slant motor. Don't throw a v-8 at me kuz jaguar makes a HELLOFA I-8 for luctury and for racing.
Greg wants to argue about the fact that import motors are good for slow. Not mud or drags....... BAJA uses four bangers and ROASTS 4-35" tires at 75mph for hours. My DOA motor 22r would wrap up at 5k and supersmuckers I-6 was built to run smooth at 7k and wraps up at 9500 :eek: there is your go fast.
Lets argue domestic motors now. There is the old I-6 chebbys, slant I-6 dodge and did ford make an I-6? They are the best tourque motors out there. It's just hard to get any "top end" out of them. They will pull aheavy trailer up parlies at 10mph and not care. But a v-6/8 will do it at 50 but has more wear and tear.
There is a flip side to all sides of this. It really is based apon the exact motor design, and the person running it, and how. Toy73 scout has four I.H. v-6's cuz he will fubar them. But my 22r will run forever leaking and spitting oil.
Lets continue this debate over some beer :)

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
Originally posted by Skyetone
well well well....this is FUN :)
This post can go forever. So I'll add to it.
lets talk forign. Most GOOD forign motors are inlines. There is a point to this. The inline will always run smoother and have more tourque than and slant motor. Don't throw a v-8 at me kuz jaguar makes a HELLOFA I-8 for luctury and for racing.
Greg wants to argue about the fact that import motors are good for slow. Not mud or drags....... BAJA uses four bangers and ROASTS 4-35" tires at 75mph for hours. My DOA motor 22r would wrap up at 5k and supersmuckers I-6 was built to run smooth at 7k and wraps up at 9500 :eek: there is your go fast.
Lets argue domestic motors now. There is the old I-6 chebbys, slant I-6 dodge and did ford make an I-6? They are the best tourque motors out there. It's just hard to get any "top end" out of them. They will pull aheavy trailer up parlies at 10mph and not care. But a v-6/8 will do it at 50 but has more wear and tear.
There is a flip side to all sides of this. It really is based apon the exact motor design, and the person running it, and how. Toy73 scout has four I.H. v-6's cuz he will fubar them. But my 22r will run forever leaking and spitting oil.
Lets continue this debate over some beer :)
Thank you Skye. And this post will only be going on for 20 days.:D

One day my tow rig and crawler will be a TOYOTA!:p

Last edited:

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
Originally posted by SmokinCamel
Import all the way. Easyer to work on too. I like finding the tools that I need. 13/64ths??? Nope 5/64ths??? Nope 4/89ths?!?!?!?! Ahhh 14mm thats better. :D
That's why America is slowly going to metric, it's better!:D