LS Swap 5.3 4I60e in 04 Jeep LJ.

mdbs14

Yes. Then rewire the other side of the relay so the GM ECM will control it.
You lost me here. I have the starter purple wire linked to the T40 wire out of C104, the truck does start. My ls harness doesn't have any other wire for starter beside that purple wire on the starter.
Not doing it right?

mdbs14

Installed the winters shifter today, not a bad shifter. Am able to shift through all the gears.

When the truck is running, gear in neutral, I hear a grinding noise if If try to shift in Park. The TCC is not yet installed, could that be the reason??

Attachments

• 20240907_173736.jpg
    20240907_173736.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240907_173756.jpg
    20240907_173756.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 4

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Installed the winters shifter today, not a bad shifter. Am able to shift through all the gears.

When the truck is running, gear in neutral, I hear a grinding noise if If try to shift in Park. The TCC is not yet installed, could that be the reason??
Is the drivetrain all hooked up to the axles? If there are no driveshafts, or your Tcase is in Neutral, or some other way the drivetrain can spin freely, it will do so as you shift through gears. Then when you try to go to Park, it has to stop spinning before the Park pawl can engage.

mdbs14

Is the drivetrain all hooked up to the axles? If there are no driveshafts, or your Tcase is in Neutral, or some other way the drivetrain can spin freely, it will do so as you shift through gears. Then when you try to go to Park, it has to stop spinning before the Park pawl can engage.
Ahh!! Yeah No, both of the drive shafts are dictonnected. Thanks.
I will connect the front drive shaft and put it in 4x4 and test.

With the TCC relay hooked up, should I be getting 12v whn key on, and no voltage when brake is pressed?? I have it connected and that's what's am getting.

Thanks

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
You can also just shut the engine off while keeping the transmission in gear. Once off, shift to park. Don’t try going from forward to reverse though, or visa versa.

Do you have the schematic for the brake switch from your swap vehicle? It will show when the transmission wants and doesn’t want a brake switch signal.

mdbs14

You can also just shut the engine off while keeping the transmission in gear. Once off, shift to park. Don’t try going from forward to reverse though, or visa versa.

Do you have the schematic for the brake switch from your swap vehicle? It will show when the transmission wants and doesn’t want a brake switch signal.
This is how I have the TCC relay hooked up.
when testing, the ls tcc purple wire has 12v on key on, and drop when brake is pressed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240908_063523_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240908_063523_Gallery.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 3

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Do you have the schematic for how the GM circuit works? You need to duplicate that circuit while tying it into the brake switch. We can’t tell you if you did it right without knowing what your particular GM circuit calls for.

I will say, looking at your picture more, the relay will not switch. C3:24 is an input. Not an output. You need an 12v output to energize the coil to switch the relay.

Last edited: