McCains VP choice pro-OHV

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I always vote 3rd Party... I detest our 2 party system so i do my part in voting for the most outlandish 3rd party there is.. Obama or Mccain are both horrible candidates and we will continue to have horrible candidates up until the point that
1. there are 3 equal parties
2. the campaign does not cost more than the president would make during his term of office

So you basically remove yourself from the political system, in other words?

StrobeNGH

no user title
Obviously not 'nobody', but if you look at Bush's approval ratings and use that as a judgment of how a vote would go, I wouldn't want those numbers.

If you think Bush vs Obama would have gone to Bush, I tend to disagree. I think Obama is much stronger candidate than Kerry or the Goracle, but part of that is built on the anti-bush platform that will work for this election. being anything un-bush will be enough to get votes from some people.

I for one voted for Bush, will almost certainly vote for McCain, but don't consider myself to be of any party. I vote heavily democrat locally, and tend to hate all partisan politics. I would say I'm conservatively liberal I guess.

Bush is and always has been a blue-blood/country club republican. He is not a conservative. Look at the national deficit for proof.
He ran as a "compassionate" conservative, but there is a huge difference between Bush and true conservatives (or at least there should be).

RuggedH2

Just doing my thing.
Bush is and always has been a blue-blood/country club republican. He is not a conservative. Look at the national deficit for proof.
He ran as a "compassionate" conservative, but there is a huge difference between Bush and true conservatives (or at least there should be).

Yep.

I didn't say Bush would beat Obama. That doesn't even matter because that isn't reality.

Bush was not a good president in my view..... but I think he did better than those other two would have.

I'm seriously hoping McCain gets elected and dies of natural causes in his first term leaving his lovely VP in charge. :D

I started looking into her background this morning and I fell in love with this lady. She is beautiful, intelligent and seems to agree with most positions I think are important to me.

I didn't know what to think this morning......... but I now think McCain hit a home run with this choice!

I would bet she is tougher on terrorists and criminals than Obama is. She could probably physically kick the man's (Obama) ass. :D

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Well thank god she had time to do her hair to get in that savy uniform....haha I remember being an airforce pilot for halloween once, though my costume had a wife beater under it!! HAHAHAHAHA jk...so mean I know.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I always vote 3rd Party... I detest our 2 party system so i do my part in voting for the most outlandish 3rd party there is.. Obama or Mccain are both horrible candidates and we will continue to have horrible candidates up until the point that
1. there are 3 equal parties
2. the campaign does not cost more than the president would make during his term of office

:cool:

You guys think this is a good choice for a VP candidate? I've been assuring everyone that it isn't possible for Obama to beat McCain. Both suck, McCain sucks a little (very little) less. But this VP choice really sucks. I guess McCain is hoping for a nice cabinet spot when Obama takes over. He just leveled the playing field.

And she's hot? Did I miss some pictures somewhere? Are these pictures Palin's mom?

Bodine

One Call That's All
Oh Steve you're just upset because she can out shoot out wheel and out fly you and most importantly according to KSL "McCain taps Alaska governor" Mcain got to her first.:D

RuggedH2

Just doing my thing.
You guys think this is a good choice for a VP candidate? I've been assuring everyone that it isn't possible for Obama to beat McCain. Both suck, McCain sucks a little (very little) less. But this VP choice really sucks. I guess McCain is hoping for a nice cabinet spot when Obama takes over. He just leveled the playing field.

And she's hot? Did I miss some pictures somewhere? Are these pictures Palin's mom?

I don't want to read anything into what you wrote, but you were not very specific.

I understand that you think it was a bad choice..... I wonder why you think so?

Do you disagree with her political positions or is it something else?

McCain has angered many conservatives within the party over the years with his "maverick" positions. It has been widely stated that he needed a conservative to rally the base. Palin is conservative. I would vote for her based on what she stands for.

Instead of dancing around it........ are you concerned that she is a woman?

As far as how she looks.....I'm 41. The older I get the more attractive 40+ year old women (that take care of themselves) appear to me. I don't think she looks bad at all.

I don't care how hot a 22 year old female hard body is....... I'm not gonna vote for one to potentially run the country. :D

Last edited:

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
I don't care how hot a 22 year old female hard body is....... I'm not gonna vote for one to potentially run the country. :D

Damn..what about 27 with a kiddo and a husband....have the odds gone up?!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D

***no more wine.....:eek:

...and most importantly according to KSL "McCain taps Alaska governor" Mcain got to her first.:D

:rofl:

I understand that you think it was a bad choice..... I wonder why you think so?

Do you disagree with her political positions or is it something else?

McCain has angered many conservatives within the party over the years with his "maverick" positions. It has been widely stated that he needed a conservative to rally the base. Palin is conservative. I would vote for her based on what she stands for.

Instead of dancing around it........ are you concerned that she is a woman?

I'm concerned that she doesn't add anything. Her positions, her good deeds, her personal values all mean nothing in a national campaign where 10 second sound bites and media coverage decide who wins. It doesn't matter if she's the most kick ass conservative and is on the right side of every issue. She doesn't have national recognition outside of the hardcore political junkies and she's from Alaska. About the only worse choice would have been Romney. Again, it has nothing to do with positions or abilities and all about perceptions. The fact that she's a woman doesn't help either. I'm not commenting on how things should be, but rather how things are.

As far as how she looks.....I'm 41. The older I get the more attractive 40+ year old women (that take care of themselves) appear to me. I don't think she looks bad at all.

I guess she's not "go blind" ugly, but she's not hot as it seemed others were saying.

RuggedH2

Just doing my thing.
Scoutabout I can respect your opinion. I would agree that there are concerns about what she brings to the ticket.

In all reality this is a gigantic popularity contest. So in my opinion, I think it's gonna be OK.

I had concerns about her also when I first heard about the choice....... so I spent a few hours reading everything I could about her on the internet. I was surprised that I ended up supporting McCain's decision as quickly as I did. I realized that even though I had never heard of her before...... If I had lived in Alaska, I would have voted for her as Governor also. That sealed it for me.

She seems to support all my hobbies and the choices I make in my life all the time. I can relate to her. That is more than I can say for McCain.

Don't be so fast to discount all those female votes out there. I thought the same as you initially....... it looked like an obvious political gimmick...... but there are quite a few females in the political center of this nation...... that really might choose to go with the McCain ticket with an intelligent female aboard. This is a popularity contest and despite what the mainstream media would spoon feed us..... Obama has his own challenges to overcome. Biden may be well known.......but I've already thought he was a Washington insider - political hack - asshole, for years. :D

I like that this choice in VP identifies with my hobbies and recreation. I like her already, and I am now happier about voting for McCain than I ever have been before.

palin harley.jpg

Scoutabout I can respect your opinion. I would agree that there are concerns about what she brings to the ticket.

In all reality this is a gigantic popularity contest. So in my opinion, I think it's gonna be OK.

I had concerns about her also when I first heard about the choice....... so I spent a few hours reading everything I could about her on the internet. I was surprised that I ended up supporting McCain's decision as quickly as I did. I realized that even though I had never heard of her before...... If I had lived in Alaska, I would have voted for her as Governor also. That sealed it for me.

She seems to support all my hobbies and the choices I make in my life all the time. I can relate to her. That is more than I can say for McCain.

Don't be so fast to discount all those female votes out there. I thought the same as you initially....... it looked like an obvious political gimmick...... but there are quite a few females in the political center of this nation...... that really might choose to go with the McCain ticket with an intelligent female aboard. This is a popularity contest and despite what the mainstream media would spoon feed us..... Obama has his own challenges to overcome. Biden may be well known.......but I've already thought he was a Washington insider - political hack - asshole, for years. :D

I like that this choice in VP identifies with my hobbies and recreation. I like her already, and I am now happier about voting for McCain than I ever have been before.

View attachment 36997

Yes, Biden is an idiot, a bigot, and a racist. Obama is the least substantive national political leader I've ever seen. He is the very example of the polished politician who says everything and means nothing. At least McCain has taken stands on a few issues.

Yes, it is just a popularity contest. You are in the small percentage of the population who will take the time to research this chick (besides just googling for "hot" photos :) ). Everyone else will have their impression established by what they see in the media. She doesn't translate to that forum. I'm casually acquainted with her record and positions as I'm an avid political junky and talk radio listener. She is a cool choice. But she's not a good choice to keep Obama out. And that's what it's about. It's not about electing McCain, it's about electing anyone but Obama.

RuggedH2

Just doing my thing.
No doubt about the fact that this arena she has just entered...... is the big time.

If she speaks well and represents herself well and holds her own against Biden in the debates...... she will go a long way toward establishing her own credibility with the American public. That is a must do for her, and for the GOP ticket to succeed..

It will be interesting to watch how this plays out.

I stand against Obama's madness also......... I hope she is prepared and ready to meet the challenge.

Crinco

I am not completely sold on McCain either yet, but I know I don't want Obama or any Clinton in office (male or female)!
A little more on Palin though, a mother with five kids, a beauty pageant runner when she was younger. I think McCain may just have picked her over his other "obvious" choices because of the way she presents herself, and the way she can speak. Something about her must have REALLY jumped out at him when he met with her the one time before deciding she was the one. I will bet that Obama and Biden will not know how to handle her in the debates, she isn't corrupted into their way of thinking yet.
This will be fun to watch, but I am not sure I want to see the outcome of this Election.