Nate's crappy 93 XJ

Nate's crappy 93 XJ "Snowflake/Ice Princess"

Owners Name & City- Nate, West Jordan, UT

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle- Stripped-down 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country buggy thingy

Engine- 4.0L, HD motor mounts

Transmission- Aisin Warner 4-Speed auto, gear selection switches, big tranny cooler

T-Case- NP231, stock

Axles - HP Dana 30 front w/4.88 gears, Aussie locker, Torq-Masters Chromo shafts with JK joints
-Chrysler 8.25 rear w/4.88 gears, Aussie locker, Riddler diff cover, shaved a bit

Suspension- 3" coils + 2" spacers in the front w/custom 3-link mid-arm, center limit strap, hockey puck bumpstop extensions; stock leaf packs in the rear with additional springs added (7 total) + lift shackles, homebuilt traction bar

Wheels and Tires- 35x12.5r17 Maxxis short course stickies on Raceline Beadlocks

Winch- Guys pulling on a strap usually does it

Favorite Trails- Hell's Revenge, The Maze, Green Day, Nasty Half, Sliplock, Pritchett

Other- Cut in half; power steering cooler; Custom heim steering & tracbar; JCR skid plate; RCI Race cell with Walbro pickups; LED rock lights; Unibody stiffeners; custom boat-sides & bumpers

1-ejs09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I keep waiting for the windshield to come out of this thing.....

Well then you'll want to spot me into a hard roll next time we go wheeling cause it's not coming out unless it's broken. I love having a windshield because it stops me from making a complete meal out of dust when I'm on the trails. Yes, I definitely still snack on some dust here and there but it's not too bad.

wheelewagon

Well then you'll want to spot me into a hard roll next time we go wheeling cause it's not coming out unless it's broken. I love having a windshield because it stops me from making a complete meal out of dust when I'm on the trails. Yes, I definitely still snack on some dust here and there but it's not too bad.

We were trying on double sammy:rofl:

N-Smooth

I did notice the crack in your windshield after that. Was it already there though?
Yeah that one was from when it was my dd- I had a bunch of snow on the bottom of the windshield with my defrost on high and it cracked the windshield.

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Lost another 43 pounds today for a new total of 417 pounds lost. I will be adding some weight with tube but yeah...
image.jpg
More pics later :D

N-Smooth

It's not much to look at cause there's so much left to do. It will probably look cool when I'm done.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Thanks. It will look quite a bit different when it's done. That top tube makes it look funky right now but it will be cut shorter and I'll have angled tubes going to the back.

N-Smooth

Got the cage done besides a handful of gussets and one tube to put under my harness bar.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
And a little fun. Ignore the awesome red cage. We built that one too after learning from all the mistakes we made on mine the first go.
image.jpg

N-Smooth

I ordered 10 of these little gussets when Ruffstuff was blowing them out about a year ago. I love them.
image.jpg
I also put one on the back of each if my 3 roof spreader bars
image.jpg

It's crazy how prepared I feel for EJS considering how last year we were still finishing my cage after midnight the day of EJS!

N-Smooth

Tough crowd. If only I had a Toyota, more people would comment ;)

On a positive note, I'll be heading to EJS a week from today. Woooooo! Not that much left to do.