Nate's crappy 93 XJ

Nate's crappy 93 XJ "Snowflake/Ice Princess"

Owners Name & City- Nate, West Jordan, UT

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle- Stripped-down 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country buggy thingy

Engine- 4.0L, HD motor mounts

Transmission- Aisin Warner 4-Speed auto, gear selection switches, big tranny cooler

T-Case- NP231, stock

Axles - HP Dana 30 front w/4.88 gears, Aussie locker, Torq-Masters Chromo shafts with JK joints
-Chrysler 8.25 rear w/4.88 gears, Aussie locker, Riddler diff cover, shaved a bit

Suspension- 3" coils + 2" spacers in the front w/custom 3-link mid-arm, center limit strap, hockey puck bumpstop extensions; stock leaf packs in the rear with additional springs added (7 total) + lift shackles, homebuilt traction bar

Wheels and Tires- 35x12.5r17 Maxxis short course stickies on Raceline Beadlocks

Winch- Guys pulling on a strap usually does it

Favorite Trails- Hell's Revenge, The Maze, Green Day, Nasty Half, Sliplock, Pritchett

Other- Cut in half; power steering cooler; Custom heim steering & tracbar; JCR skid plate; RCI Race cell with Walbro pickups; LED rock lights; Unibody stiffeners; custom boat-sides & bumpers

1-ejs09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
image.jpg
image.jpg
After Double Sammy we went to mess around in the dunes and I jumped it. Well then everyone kept egging me on and I ended up getting more air than I've ever gotten. It was fun and the takeoff and landing were pretty nice. Surprisingly enough they wanted me to jump it even harder and I declined. I don't often exercise good judgment like that ;)

Edit: video-
[video=youtube;1UAdjmF884A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UAdjmF884A&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Last edited:

wheelewagon

I think your rig does pretty awesome! It was great to see you beet your nemesis obstacle and watch you jump that dune like a boss. Thanks for taking us around all weekend, I had a blast

N-Smooth

Thanks man, same to you. It's sometimes lame having a cut up rig like mine or a monster rig on 60's like yours cause it makes it not that big of a deal to be capable. I think the real studs of the trip were Todd and Ryan's dad for doing what we were in practically stock rigs.

We'll have to do it again sometime. I wish we could talk you guys into EJS!

N-Smooth

Heck yes, that's how much mine was when I bought it but mine was a little nicer actually. My nephew that comes wheeling with is occasionally just told his parents that he's saving up for an XJ. I haven't been pressuring him at all so I was stoked to hear it. He's almost 15 so he has a little while to save his pennies!

N-Smooth

Thanks. That's my bro-in-law's. He's not on here but occasionally visits. He lives in OKC but I am his jeep's caretaker so he can come into town and go wheeling with me. It's a very simple build but I like to use it as an example of how awesome XJ's can be for not a lot of money. I picked it out for him and even paid for it and he paid me back. In case you're interested in the info, it's a 99. Bought it stock for $3k. It's nice. 3" RC lift with LCA's, AAL's and lift shackles. Originally just had stock gears and an Aussie up front with stock limited slip in the rear. The limited slip sucked and since you have to replace the carrier to get a locker in it he just had 4WP do 4.56's and a Detroit. Before he had that done it was an awesome budget build. It also has a JCR belly skid just like mine, rocker replacement sliders, Rusty's crossover steering and some rock lights and that's pretty much it. It's a very capable ride and has been really reliable. I used to drive it a decent amount before I bought my truck and it made me want a nice second gen to DD

wheelewagon

Thanks. That's my bro-in-law's. He's not on here but occasionally visits. He lives in OKC but I am his jeep's caretaker so he can come into town and go wheeling with me. It's a very simple build but I like to use it as an example of how awesome XJ's can be for not a lot of money. I picked it out for him and even paid for it and he paid me back. In case you're interested in the info, it's a 99. Bought it stock for $3k. It's nice. 3" RC lift with LCA's, AAL's and lift shackles. Originally just had stock gears and an Aussie up front with stock limited slip in the rear. The limited slip sucked and since you have to replace the carrier to get a locker in it he just had 4WP do 4.56's and a Detroit. Before he had that done it was an awesome budget build. It also has a JCR belly skid just like mine, rocker replacement sliders, Rusty's crossover steering and some rock lights and that's pretty much it. It's a very capable ride and has been really reliable. I used to drive it a decent amount before I bought my truck and it made me want a nice second gen to DD

It really is an awesome rig for an xj lol. You forgot to mention the most important add on you did though. The sweet roof rack for all of his trail roof rack needs lol.

N-Smooth

It really is an awesome rig for an xj lol. You forgot to mention the most important add on you did though. The sweet roof rack for all of his trail roof rack needs lol.

You better watch your mouth, pumpkin boy! JK. The rack is pretty amazing. Every time he comes into town I've done something random to it. His jeep is pretty legit, mainly cause I did almost all of the work ;)

On a separate note, I got my new driver seat w/sliders mounted up. Now to do the passenger side
image.jpg

N-Smooth

Thanks. In my old chuggy I had the same seats and I reclined them too much and made them too low for "normal" people to drive it comfortably. This time I kept the seat a lot more level and higher and I'm not sure if I like it. I'll have to get some seat time before EJS to see if I want to change it. Disliking it for a whole week on the trails would suck

wheelewagon

Thanks. In my old chuggy I had the same seats and I reclined them too much and made them too low for "normal" people to drive it comfortably. This time I kept the seat a lot more level and higher and I'm not sure if I like it. I'll have to get some seat time before EJS to see if I want to change it. Disliking it for a whole week on the trails would suck

Ryan's yj seats were tilted back a little. Though they made for a confy ride the way they sat, it made it a struggle when climbing. It would kind of make you sit back away from the peddles, and it would make you look up more. I think your tilt is looking good. hard to say with out having trail time. But for me personally, I'd like it to sit A little lower and further back. But i'm kinda a big kid. Also that's just looking at one pic. Just get out and try it, to see if you like it.

N-Smooth

image.jpg

Passenger seat- installed. Now I need to start going over stuff I need to do before EJS and OSRC. Luckily I don't have much to do... I think.

N-Smooth

Sooooo the hatch came off.
image.jpg
image.jpg

And since I'm sure everyone is dying to know... It weighs 37 lbs.:rofl:

So I'm now at 337 + 37 = 374 pounds total. That makes me happy!

Last edited: